Race are we biased here is a fun quiz to self evaluate ourselves

by recovering 15 Replies latest social current

• recovering
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Yeah. Bit of a larf.

Apparently, I'm a right bleedin' racist.

Probably why I have 3 mixed race kids and my grandmother is from India.

I beg to use as a get out clause that it was all about 'American'. I'm a Brit and don't relate to American culture...much. Apart from Spider-man...I want to be Spider-man.

• Simon
    Simon

I'm sure some will be very disappointed to know I passed with flying colors :D

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I was right there along with Simon.

I grew up in an area where there was White Flight, went to a school that was barely integrated (90/10), but I think JW thinking and knowing so many JWs from other races/nationalities helped to squash the racial prejudice that many of my older family members had (worldly uncles/aunts).

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Just did the test, I have little to no racial bias ... respeck!!! ... innit, bruv.

Image result for ali g

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Oh, go on then.....

• recovering
    recovering

There is hope for you get Simon

😁

As I said test was all in good fun

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    I'm sure some will be very disappointed to know I passed with flying colors

You just don't get it, don't you.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

No offense, but that link is junk science based on real science. My boss was accused of being racist, and of course the shit rolled downhill to us. To soften the blow, they didn't call it racism, they called it being "unconsciously biased". I guess the distinction they were trying to make is that if you are racist, it is kind of a conscious thing, but someone who is not racist can still be "unconsciously biased" towards another race, and it may come across of being discriminatory.

Here is the legit test created by Harvard. It is more in depth, but more accurate. Plus, if you take it, you are helping them collect data for their research, which is always good.

They have other tests for unconscious bias, too, besides race. Scroll down near the bottom to find the one for race. Compare the results with the buzz play one. My guess is the results may be different.

And don't feel bad about the results. You can't help being unconsciously biased; you can only bring into your consciousness and work on it. You CAN help it if you're a racist.

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/selectatest.html

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

"Cultural competence" is a thing now and all these rules that go with it for eg apparently it's not cool to ask about nationality, because... I don't know.. it's not "culturally competent" ???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit