• Simon
    Simon

Ah...if only I'd had resources like this at my disposal 15 years ago

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

Edited by - SolidSender on 1 August 2000 3:56:59

• Seven
    Seven

S2, January 8th? Elvis, Thank you very much. Brenda's site provides some interesting reading. Did you read the dates from hell?I
    know we've [i]all[/] had them but I could most definately write a bestseller about mine.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

7, I could probably add a couple of chapters myself. Especially about the guy from Skowhegan, Maine who drove down to take me to a movie, then showed up two weeks later with all his worldly possessions in the back of his car. He blithely informed me that he was moving to MA so he could be close to me......eeewwwwww!!!

• Seven
    Seven

RedhorseWoman, All the way from Skowhegan! LOL You
    tease, you! Some of the most deranged and depraved
    dates I had were brothers. Naturally I always went
    out in groupsbut this naive dub was & is a freak magnet. Once we all went to a movie, then for burgers and back to a brothers house for homemade ice cream. The brother told me during the afternoon that he had a pet monkey he wanted to show me that he kept in his garage. Now before you think I'm making this up and how stupid can I be-I was that stupid and sixteen years old. I screamed so loud that everyone came running and I had to lie and say he jumped out and scared me. LOL What a hideous monkey. Twisted but true tale #2: Several years ago I dated this very charming brother who was an assistant manager at a shoe store. I love shoes-can't have enough of them and he always gave me a discount. We went out to dinner one night then back to my apartment to watch some movies. He had bought me a present-a beautiful pair of black leather stiletto heels. Very nice! How sweet of him. Beeeeeep. Wrong answer! I went into the kitchen to fix us drinks and when I returned to the living room I found him in the process of disrobing. I asked him what the_____he thought he was doing. He said he wanted
    me to walk on his back with the heels and then _____ him _____them.!!!!! I have to quote Nancy Kerrigan here and say Why me?LOL They must assume-dumb blonde. I should have ratted them both
    out to the elders but instead chalked it up to experience. There are many more strange tales but I'll leave it at that. Red, I hope it wasn't the guy from Skowhegan that you married.
    Seven

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Nope. Didn't marry the guy from Skowhegan. Every time he kissed me I literally wanted to throw up. I went out with him because I didn't want to hurt his feelings.

He invited my parents and I up to Maine to visit with him and his parents. What a bizaare adventure!

They lived out in the middle of nowhere....literally. The upstairs bedrooms had no central heat, and the floors were covered with dead flies. Then there was the outhouse (gack).

The best part of the trip was having this brother (yes, he was a brother) teach me how to shoot a shotgun. I bagged me a cardboard box!!!

His sister caused quite a stir in the local congregation, as well as the town of Skowhegan itself. I don't think that Maine is particularly integrated even today, and back in the 70's I don't think there could have been more than 10 black people in the whole state.

This family was of English extraction, and the sister was very fair....light blond hair, blue eyes. She met a black brother at an assembly in New Jersey and fell in love. He was a really nice guy and I think that they were very happy.

However, the wedding was planned to take place in Skowhegan. Now, as much as the JW's in Maine would talk about racial equality and all that, a busload of black wedding guests from New Jersey coming to attend an interracial marriage got QUITE a bit of shock value.

Needless to say, the happy couple relocated to New Jersey.

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

Edited by - SolidSender on 1 August 2000 3:57:30

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

Edited by - SolidSender on 1 August 2000 3:58:4

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

SS, I took a similar test for work quite awhile ago, but for the life of me I can't remember what type I was.

One thing I do know, however, is that you can alter your basic profile to some extent. I used to be painfully shy. I'm not going to say that I have switched over to being a party animal, but I have been able to modify things quite a bit.

I'll get back to you after I take the test.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit