Transcript: Beware of the Voice of Strangers

by Scully 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Awesome work, gang!!

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

wow... was all he could say, was... wow...

CZAR

• Room 215
    Room 215

And if these reporters are spreading lies, why hasn't the WTBTS' battery of liars -- er, lawyers-- suit their asses off? Wouldn't they be easy pickings as a source of revenue?

• Scully
    Scully

Room215 writes:

And if these reporters are spreading lies, why hasn't the WTBTS' battery of liars -- er, lawyers-- suit their asses off? Wouldn't they be easy pickings as a source of revenue?

Well, there are a couple of reasons for that:
    (a) a lawsuit would just cause a lot of negative publicity for the WTS, which they do not want;
    (b) in any lawsuit, the burden of proof is on the plaintiff to show that the defendant is spreading lies (ie, gossip/slander/libel), which they do not have. Love, Scully

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

The other reason is that the reports are accurate and verifiable.

Besides, suing the media is a no-win proposition. Win or lose, you do not want to piss off an organization that has such huge potential to influence opinion.

• heathen
    heathen

I've never seen the "They Live" movie but sounds like a must see , I like John carpenter . I think tho that the WTBTS is doing the opposite here . They see the aliens or "Satan" everywhere and are so paranoid and controlling that they will strike out at anything that comes from an outside source and challenges their belief structure ,they think everone outside the org. are satan worshippers and are out to subvert what they believe to be the truth .

• caspian
    caspian

Scully.

Nice work, I have the entire convention on Video, both a UK convention and one from the US.

Cas

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    So friends, hypothetically, and I repeat, hypothetically, even if an angel were to come down here and land on this platform, today, at this moment, and to present something to us that didn’t fit into the pattern of truth, what should we be ready to do? We should be ready to say,Hold on there, that doesn’t fit into the pattern, and I am not going to listen to it!” Yes, even if it were one of Jehovah’s angels.
    And we do that, today, by listening to the Faithful and Discreet Slave, who Jesus appointed over all his belongings to give us our spiritual food at the proper time.

Wouldn't it be cool if an angel did fly down and land on the platform............

and what if the angel came down to get the FDS?...would they not listen?

Lisa

• Scully
    Scully

lisavegas420 writes:

So friends, hypothetically, and I repeat, hypothetically, even if an angel were to come down here and land on this platform, today, at this moment, and to present something to us that didn’t fit into the pattern of truth, what should we be ready to do? We should be ready to say,Hold on there, that doesn’t fit into the pattern, and I am not going to listen to it!” Yes, even if it were one of Jehovah’s angels.
    And we do that, today, by listening to the Faithful and Discreet Slave, who Jesus appointed over all his belongings to give us our spiritual food at the proper time.

Wouldn't it be cool if an angel did fly down and land on the platform............

and what if the angel came down to get the FDS?...would they not listen?

I think it would be even more cool if the disembodied hand of "God" started writing stuff on the walls in front of an entire audience of JWs at a convention. Stuff like:

God has numbered [the days of] your kingdom and has finished it.
    You have been weighed in the balances and have been found deficient.
    - Daniel 5: 26, 27

A girl can dream, can't she? Visit Smiley Central!

Love, Scully

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Hi heathen

I get your point. But specifically it was the bit about being able to spot the subliminal/manipulative messages once one had got his special shades on!

I had my 'shades' on during the talk, so I could spot the techniques.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit