All Hail Our Robot Overlords

by Coded Logic 14 Replies latest social current

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Absolutely amazing how fast this technology is advancing. At the DARPA challenge last year the robots could hardly walk up right and it took them ten minutes to walk through an open door frame. Now they're running around outside and opening doors like a pack of velociraptors! Not sure whether I should be excited or just plain terrified.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVlhMGQgDkY

• crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light
    Be exited. TightpantsTony will be replaced with this new model. And maybe a "Lett-i-lator" is presented soon. So they don't have to change the generation-teaching in the next years.
  • Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    A.W.E.S.O.M.E
  • fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

And so single-minded! Once programmed the robot cannot be deflected from its task - a perfect Christian.

But you need more than the GB types, you also need the the 'worker' types. So robots give you the perfect coingregation, no messy humans with their doubts and disobedience, made without sexual feelings to cause gossip in the ranks.

So how about these 540 robots performing in perfect unison demonstrating the posibilities for a trouble free organisation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFEqTgIXvf8

You can even have high-flying 'Elder' drones keeping watch overhead for the slightest deviation. If one deviates, back to the workshop for re-programming. No need for disfellowshipping anymore.

The perfect Jesus people at last.

(Note: this was one of the performances for the Chinese New Year Concert on Chinese National Television. The city used as a background is Guangzhou in southern China).

• crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light
    But the WT-Slaves cheaper and give money. Maybe elders and up will be replaced, elder-drones where given randomly to the slaves to control them.
  • Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    FTS, hahahahaha, robot christians - sooo true!
  • Vidiot
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Coded Logic...

I think a pack of robotic velociraptors running around and opening doors would look pretty badass.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    The trailer looks like How To Train Your Dragon but with robots . . . I'm so sold!!!
  • fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Umm! The trailer reminded me (for some unrealised reason) of a long ago version of H.G.Wells' "The War of the Worlds."

Guess it was the victorious machines, who are undone by a small group of Britishers winning (as always) against all odds.

Anyway, some say that all the stories in the world of storytelling can be reduced to six basic plots. Can't recall where I heard that either. Well, I'm sure it wasn't Jesus who told me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit