JW/Mormon slogan parallel

by neat blue dog 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Just came across a meme of the leader of the Mormon Church (LDS) saying "believe, obey and endure". It just reminded me of the JW mantra "Listen, Obey and be Blessed". 😂

That's all.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Dear god i swear they are planning a merger

• Simon
    Simon

They are competitors producing similar "product" to sell to the same market segment - that's why they have so many similarities.

It's also why "destroying" the WTS is not just impossible but probably pointless - if they were gone tomorrow, someone would invent it to fill the gap in the market.

Religion is a product and it's basic supply and demand. They exist because some people want it.

The "best" outcome to aim for right now is for reform of practices and to make them treat people better. That includes praising them when they move in the right direction or calling out unfair criticism, even defending them on some issues. Some "activists" can't allow themselves to do that but it comes down to what are you in it for and why?

Let me put it this way: if you are against the meat industry, who is going to have more success - someone who wants McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's and every other burger chain shut down ... or someone willing to work with them to push for standards on the ethical treatment of animals in the supply chain to reduce suffering?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The red pilled person sees,

Religion : Same shit different assholes. End of.

A blue pilled person sees differently.

In the future big pharma will probably turn religion into a drug.

An advert for a religion drug would probably go something like this in a creepy female cg voice.

Studies have shown that people everywhere want to believe and belong to something greater than themselves. Something that soothes any anxiety or first world guilt about all the suffering in the world. Something that can ease a troubled conscience when you make those embarrassing mistakes. Something that can dispell an existential crisis and give you a sense of community.

Sounds great, right? Well that something is here and on sale all around you and that something is a little blue pill called Religion. Join us in the religion club today.

Religion : You complete me.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great opening post! That expression is eerily similar indeed!

The comparisons are many. I have started some threads over the years about it.

On their website, they have a section for all ages, including cartoon characters similar to Caleb and sophia. They have mini movie dramas, they have lectures from the GB equivalent leaders...

Spend some time on their sites (there are several sites) and the similarities are there.

Seeing these things was one thing that helped me to see that "Jehovah's organisation " is NOT that unique as we were always told.

• steve2
    steve2

It reminds me of a saying: "Some people cannot be saved from themselves." It has been used in situations in which warnings have been sounded, corrective information supplied and help offered to step away, but the individual had persisted, "I still want it - it's just what I need to get through life; otherwise I've got nothing."

End-times, high control religions don't create a need - they fill it.

As well as reform (mentioned by Simon),there are so many instances where corrective information (exposes) HAS worked. Besides, sometimes one end-times, high-control religious group may begin to have less appeal, and the hungry, meaning-starved masses gravitate elsewhere because there is so much on offer.

In my view, JWs will keep attracting people, but no where the extent they did a couple of decades ago. JW organization's heyday is over. Roll on next "spiritual" magnet for those who cannot be saved from themselves.

• JRK
    JRK

And now JW Broadcasting brings out the "JW Tabernacle Choir."

JK

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    The "best" outcome to aim for right now is for reform of practices and to make them treat people better. That includes praising them when they move in the right direction or calling out unfair criticism, even defending them on some issues. Some "activists" can't allow themselves to do that but it comes down to what are you in it for and why?

I certainly agree with this however the big difference between say McDonalds and the WTS is that the WTS does not care what the exJW "community" has to say nor do they wish to engage with critics.

The WTS only responds when they are either legally forced to so or it's going to cost them money.

They don't see any need to reform.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

They don't see any need to reform.

Hopefully that fact will be their undoing , It really should be of no surprise that cult religions have similarities , they all prey on the vulnerable for a start and exploit that vulnerability for their own ends.

Keeping that person captive to a concept that they instill in their victim.,I say victim because that is what they become.

JW/Mormons ,SDA`s ,Christadelphians ,Christian Science ,Scientologists ,and the list goes on all using cult tactics to snare and keep enslaved the vulnerable who fall into their trap.
    "Religion is a snare and a racket" ...."Religion is the Opium of the people"

Two quotes I wholeheartedly agree with .

• berrygerry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit