Is the JW blood card a legal document without it being notorized

by goingthruthemotions 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

just as the subject says. Is it legal without a notory?

So glad me and my boys are out, we don't have to worrry about that false teaching. But my wife will die for it, and she has no real understanding of the teaching.

• sir82
    sir82

It must be signed & notarized to be valid as a legal document. That is true of any DPA (durable power of attorney), not just the JW version.

• Overrated
    Overrated

It can be with a DPA. When I was in but working my out I legally changed my DPA with out the eyes of the WT. And thru the help of my doctor. Even if something would happen their no blood policy has been changed and there is nothing they can do abouted. But the hospital can boot them out on their azz.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Since EVERYBODY on this site is totally versed in the multitude of national and intergalactic laws on all aspects of humanoid behavior, it is TOTALLY APPROPRIATE that you ask your question here.

Please clarify what you mean by "is".

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Is it legal: off course it is. Is it enforceable is another question altogether and largely depends on your locale.

If you sign it but not notarized or without witnesses that can represent your will, it may not be considered your wants in situations where people throw doubts on its veracity.

In most cases signing is sufficient, but it may be overthrown in court if the document is not considered reasonable or if your caretaker says it was signed under duress or faked. This is more an issue if you have multiple contradictory documents.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

This would only be relevant if the patient was unconscious or otherwise unable to convey their wishes. At the end of the day, it’s really down to whether the casualty doctor is willing to risk your life In an emergency when he is not able to validate your beliefs verbally with you. No court in the world is going to fault him for that.

In the uk, having worked in NHS hospitals for many years, I don’t think many doctors would be willing to let someone die over a grubby JW.org “calling card” with no blood written on it. After all, you may have picked it up off of the pavement just minutes before the no.3 bus slammed in to you!

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Hello Nathan Natas, i guess to expound on you question of "Is". In the court of Law or under the direction of a Doctor. There is no legal ramnifaction if I told the Elders to stick it up there Arse and kicked them out. Without a legal Notory this will not trump a living will that has been legally Notorized.

Liek i said, I am so happy my kids have nothing to do with this cult. My wife will die for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit