Ideas for letter to Dr about blood card blackmail and what it means?

by purrpurr 19 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Lostwun
    Lostwun
    When exactly will they be handing out these new blood cards to the R&F?
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    The letter to the body of elders said as soon as the elders receive their shipment of new directives in the mail, meaning at the next meeting when the brothers get all the new blood cards in.
  • Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

It's good to talk to the doctor. But it's also good to not fill in the blood card. This is a personal matter concerning only yourself.

Remember....

.... they don't have any power over you, except you give it to them.

Train it many times (not only for this blood card matter but for all the matters concerning elders).

Elder: "We need a copy of your blood card." or "We need to talk to you in the backroom."

Awake JW: "My dear brother, Thank you so much for your concern/help/personal interest. I appreciate it very much that you care for me. BUT NO. I DON'T SEE IT NECESSARY THAT YOU HAVE A COPY OF MY BLOOD CARD! / NO, I DON'T NEED YOUR VISIT RIGHT NOW. If ever I see the need (for having my bloodcard / visit) I will let you know."

Train it often so that you can say it in your sleep. Then enjoy the reaction on their faces.

They might ask further but you need to stick to it.

• sir82
    sir82

I admit I have not read the UK letter since the site is blocked for me.

But giving your blood card to the secretary has always been "suggested". And there has never been any negative consequence for failing to do so.

What is different about the new card / BOE letter? What in it suggests that there are dire consequences for those who do not give a completed card to the BOE?

• purrpurr
    purrpurr
    OK I have made an appointment to see my Dr on Wednesday, still not sure how to explain it to her but I hope she can understand my situation
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

My plan with this is to do absolutely nothing. The elders will not chase anything up. If an elder approaches you just say you'll get round to it and do nothing more.

Next week they will have some other silly little procedural nothingness to concentrate on.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

It's likely any copies given to the Cong sec will end up under his/wifes bed gathering dust anyways

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

As per announcement:

- The new card is advertised as simplified card to take the most important decision in your life - no need to worry about fractions,etc - it is simple: I refuse to take any WHOLE blood.

- All have to sign the card and provide a copy to:

1- Secretary,

2- Each witness

3- GP

4- Lawyer

The letter did not hint to the new paragraph that states no other legal paper work can take precedence over this directive.

Copies of the directive to be given to the witnesses is new.

I am refusing to sign it, let alone give copies to anyone. What is their data protection policy regarding individuals? What about how they handle my data in a congregation!

This new directive is extremely annoying. Waiting to see how elders will witch hunt members. I never gave a copy of my old directive to the secretary or even GP. I dont even carry it.

• sir82
    sir82

That's what the card says? "I refuse to take whole blood"? And nothing else?

If that is the case, then that seems to open up the door for accepting any "fraction", even what has been deemed a "major component", such as packed RBCs.

If that were the case, that would be huge, astronomical liberalization. It would in effect be the end of the blood ban. "Whole blood" is virtually never transfused any more.

No one has a photo of the new card?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Atlantis posted on the other thread a copy of the card, it does not say whole blood but is very similar to the older one with the new changes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit