Christmas Trees.

by Lost in the fog 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

We are all very familiar with the fact that JWs do not celebrate Xmas. We probably used the same speech as we had been told from the platform that since Xmas had its roots in paganism everything associated with it was a big no-no.

Xmas trees, definitely a no-no! However I was talking to a new friend of mine who attends a Baptist Church and it was enlightening to get his take on the subject.

Here's a link that he sent me. See what you think of it. It is quite a balanced approach.

https://answersingenesis.org/holidays/christmas/do-christmas-trees-have-pagan-roots/

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The bible states that Jesus Christ's birth was celebrated .

....... just saying

One would have to honestly admit that this celebration now as it exists has little to do with the birth of Christ but more of a traditional secular " Commercialized " event.

Blame the early Roman Christians for starting this event though.

The Roman Festival of Saturnalia took place between December 17th and 23rd and honoured the Roman god Saturn. Dies Natalis Solis Invicti means 'birthday of the unconquered sun' and was held on December 25th (when the Romans thought the Winter Solstice took place) and was the 'birthday' of the Pagan Sun god Mithra. In the pagan religion of Mithraism, the holy day was Sunday and is where get that word from!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I will go ahead and worship the sun anyways. I see nothing wrong with honoring the very star that makes it possible for us to be here at all. And neither did the Pagans that used to honor the sun before Judaism, and its filthy daughter religions Christi-SCAM-ity and islam, polluted the earth.

Fact is, the jokehovians do use (and abuse) pagan magic. The word "Sunday" simply comes from the Day of the Sun, which the pagans recognized as being ruled by the Sun. Thus, each time anyone does anything for joke-hova or jesus on that day, they are tying the energy of the Sun to help with joke-hova. Effectively, they are sending the reptilian race this energy, and helping them to enslave the whole earth under Noahide Law. (Which prohibits us using that energy, or the energy of anything other than joke-hova, at all--enforced with beheading).

As such, the jokehovians already worship the sun if they have Sunday boasting sessions or field circus. It's just that, instead of benefiting for themselves, they benefit the reptilian race and their endeavor to ruin our earth and take it for themselves. As for Christmas, Christmas without jesus is simply how we take the benefit for ourselves instead of giving the reptilians more energy to enslave us. "Christ" is actually the sun, not some fictitious entity that is the archetype of the perfect slave.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Very interesting Lost in the Fog I tend to think that practical things emerged in early man before ceremonial etc and it was likely the health benefits of pine were was the real reason the people brought them into the house in the winter. They were obsessed with ‘miasma’ and bad air so if people had coughs colds and illness they burnt pine needles to purify the air. It’s also handy to have a ready supply of fire wood INSIDE the house in case of heavy snowfall, storms etc or illness.

• tiki
    tiki

I was obsessed with hating Christmas as a dub....once out see it as a nice time...pretty stuff, glorious decadent retail....fun foods.....love the lights and sparkly stuff. Never had a tree in my life though....I think about it but nobody would see or enjoy it but me so seems a waste of time and $$$. I do have lights strung up and get other coniferous decoratives.....

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Christ-mass traditions and Easter traditions are exactly that - traditions!

These 'traditions' are neither stated nor based on scriptures, but have been gleefully adopted as part of Christian 'teachings' - especially by the money-makers.

Matthew 2:1-16 (for those who are interested) highlights the fiction between the Biblical account and the 'traditional' version.

1) The "wise men" (Magi or astrologers) were in fact "detestable" to God (Deut. 18:10-12) and were led straight to Jerusalem, (not to Bethlehem) to inform a king who wanted to kill Jesus. (So God provided the star sat-nav???)

2) When the group (not 3) of astrologers finally found Jesus, he was a child who was between 1 - 2 years of age and living in a house. He was not a baby in a stable's manger.

But why let facts spoil a good tradition!

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

My husband said that Christmas is just a wordly event on par with seeing a movie or going to a secular concert.

Our pastor says it is an opportunity to share Christ with people because they will be open to going to church during Christmas season.

Some years I will get into trying to buy the present that will show the person that they are seen and loved and it brings me joy. Some of them I enjoy Christmas songs. A few Christmases were disasters.

One year, I called it The Riddle Family Gift Exchange and did it on a different day to try to include my JW family and they said they were busy and didn't come. That was a bummer.

One year my husband gave $100 gift cards to each in my JW family and they weren't even going to acknowledge it and barely said Thank you. And were looking at each other kind of weird. I said it was just because we loved them. They spent it, though.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

"A Good Tradition" (of love & hate) :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUFK44H6P9U

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit