The Old Age

by Caupon 81 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

Caupon please notice the two following statements you made and consider why people get so frustrated.

I feel like if you are going to believe what they say about past times then you might as well believe what Jehovah's witnesses say.

So from your OP we get an assertion that the scientific method is no better than the dogma of a cult.

Then when I refer you to a paper that was written to help beginners, with no science background, understand radiometric dating you admit the following...

once it got to that hard chemistry, had to tune out. If only that stuff was simpler...it seems the more I read about dating, the more confused I get

So despite knowing absolutely nothing about science and failing to even grasp an introductory text you think it's sensible to have an opinion.

Science is hard but there are lots of accessible ways to learn about it. The video that MASH posted is a great example. It's worth the effort. To take just one example once you grasp that life is millions of years old and that humans share a common ancestor with non-human ancestors it changes your entire worldview. This is why creationists are afraid of it. Science works.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I am a little confused and a lot concerned as to why the radioactive decay of elements is considered a difficult concept to grasp. All organic matter breaks down. Each element has its own rate of decay. Uranium has the longest rate, spanning 100s of thousands of years.

What is being taught in the schools today re: Science? The construction of the elements, their properties, including radioactive decay were all part of my high school Science education. Are students not being taught the Periodic Table of Elements and what constitutes the known elements on Earth?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit