Observed at the Memorial

by john.prestor 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

They invite the public to come and when one member of the public does turn up they treat him/her like shit ?

Way to go JW~s ,your sure to get many converts that way .

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

It seems pretty certain that the elder and M.S. community have been put on 'red alert' to watch out for disruptive apostates.

In other words, every casually dressed male stranger who enters their K.H. could be a troublemaker. Wonderful paranoia for their meetings.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Why attend if youre out of it?

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    This lady next to me tried to show me scriptures, I kinda blew her off enough that she stopped and left me to myself. I got the vibe they do that knowingly or not to see if you'll obey them: Look at the scripture, listen to me read or explain it, do as I say. I'd welcome other posters thoughts on that.

I don't think they do this knowingly for that purpose, but rather automatically and subconsciously. Those who read along are judged and labeled as meek, willing to learn the bible truth, honest hearted. Those who don't want to read along are judged and labeled as obstinate, probably unwilling to learn Bible truth, independent. They might still be saved but they'll be watched with suspicion rather than joy.

I think it has to do with roles. Jehovah's Witnesses are not like the former Bible Students that my great-grand mother joined in the early '20s. They are no longer "students" in their mind. They can only be teachers. They only relate to non-JW's in a superior teacher role.

Wow, what a powerful thought. Indeed, JW don't see themselves as Bible students but really as Bible Teachers...and the only good ones too. So much arrogance packed in a thin veneer of humility...

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

That makes sense, yeah, it's not like she consciously plotted in her head, it's just what she does but what she does comes down to seeing if I will obey.

Stan livedeath, I was never in.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

J.W paranoia is really ramped up at present it seems, but still they do not have any common sense, O.K a casually dressed person could be a potential troublemaker, but if an Apostate wished to do an effective K.H Crash they would dress in the J.W Uniform surely ?

Out of interest, does anyone know of anybody whose first meeting was a Memorial, who went on to become a baptized J.W ?

I can think of a fair number who attended a Memorial as their first meeting, and it turned out to be their only meeting, never saw them again.

J.W's are shooting themselves in the foot by inviting people, the weirdness is at its most public at a Memorial.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I actually took my old JW Mom this weekend...

...and just about everything I heard simply reminded me why I can't subscribe to any of it anymore.

I think the rhetoric that stuck out (and bothers me) the most, though, is just how low an opinion of humanity in general WT ideology holds to (something that, I might add, Jesus didn't seem to in any of the four Gospels, which is some next-level irony).

Know what kind of individuals are like that (i.e. only seem able to remember and/or focus disproportionately on the negative rather than the positive)?

People who suffer severe depression and won't get proper help.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Yeah, if you walk in alone with street clothes and just sit down, they will keep tabs on you, because they know that most worldly people will be invited by someone and will walk in with them, get introduced, etc etc.

Walking in alone and sitting down is typical of someone who is going to be a disrupter, although of course not always.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit