When Disaster Strikes

by NeverAllowestobeMyself 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Incognito
    Incognito

What does WT organization actually provide in assistance?

While claims are made that WT provided relief efforts, in actuality, it is individual bros & sis that volunteer their time, attending at their own expense. Local area JWs are expected to supply meals at their own expense, to feed those attending volunteer workers. I have not heard of WT expending money to supply either WT 'staff', or to assist JW wishing to volunteer, with transportation, accomodation or food assistance.

I further understand WT has either solicited various wordly suppliers for building material donations, or has at times purchased building materials, with full 'expectation' that those affected, will submit their insurance claim payments to WT as monetary donations.

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

Incognito, you are absolutely correct, I saw it happen to a friend of mine. They tried to force him into having the relief committee rebuild his house after a tornado, with the full expectation that he would turn over his check. And when he declined, he was told he was too materialistic, or some such nonsense.

If there was ever a CO that I could get the chance to kick in the gonads so hard, he'd be gargling them, it would be Fred Kua.

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2
    Here is an article about bragging about how special you are for helping out, while being very hypocritical in other respects;

https://nondoc.com/2016/04/27/oklahoma-standard-a-myth/

"... bragging about helping out in the aftermath of an atrocity is the worst kind of smugness. It’s like bragging about how much you love your kids. You know who else bands together and performs mass acts of kindness and selflessness in the wake of disasters? Everyone, everywhere."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit