How is the 'Cost of Living Crisis' affecting you?

by nicolaou 31 Replies latest social current

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

We use a small fraction of the TP that we used before the pandemic. After the great TP panic hoarding of 2020, we installed bidets.

Took a little getting used to, but it's rather refreshing.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Isn't it a joy watching the prices rise, the people struggle apart from those filthy, disgusting Eton Toff Politicians and those rich scumbags in the Media.

I'd like to understand which parts of the rises are genuine price rises and which ones are artificial.

I've heard the 'virus of unknown origin' blamed (not the frauds like Twat Chris Whitty, Twat Captain leg over Fergusson and Twat Vallance who got it all wrong and buggered the economy), the Ukraine situation blamed. As Pontius said when he was a Pilot, "What is truth?"

I trust no one. I have a gut feeling that we're all being manipulated and controlled by fear and division. there is going to be a bigger divide between rich and poor, dark ages style.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The cost of living crisis isn't really affecting me.

I was poor before it started and I'm still poor now.

But it's what happens when a government pisses away public money like the proverbial sailor on shore leave.

This tory government under Boris Johnson has turned away from the usual tory small-government, sensible attitude to public spending.

It has spent billions on furlough plus lockdowns, test & trace, PPE, and everything else.

I'm not a tory but I am fiscally conservative. I want sensible spending from a small government. And this current government has failed me.

I voted tory last time round in 2019 because the tories were the only mainstream party who respected the brexit vote and promised to 'get brexit done'.

But I won't be voting for them in 2024. They are a proper shit shower, lol ...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    LUHE - But I won't be voting for them in 2024. They are a proper shit shower

They are not anything near Conservative.

Typical self serving Politicians that only pretend to care for the people for votes.

UK politicians are now as bad as American ones. I think we've hit Political nadir.

I also hate scum like 'Sir' Chris Whitty, 'Sir' Ian Vallance and that filthy pig Fergusson. I wish only horrible things for them. Despite what the media brainwashed everyone with, these self serving frauds DID NOT do a good job. I'd go so far as to say everything they did was 100% wrong. Yet that idiot Whitty gets a bloody knighthood. So we can get knighted for getting every danmed thing wrong now, can we?

I loathe the people in charge. All utter filth of the lowest order.

....and we. the working class have to pay for their lies, corruption and incompetence.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I loathe the people in charge. All utter filth of the lowest order - it would help if the people in charge were competent and decent. I can take orders from competent, decent people, but not from incompetent idiots.

Whitty and Vallance are a disgrace to Science.

Their views re Covid and lockdown are not part of a scientific consensus, believe me ...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    LUHE - it would help if the people in charge were competent and decent.

When we had a local election here recently. I didn't vote. I honestly could not bring myself to partake in this sham.

For the first time in years, I honestly could not find a political party to vote for. They're all rubbish.

The Conservatives have given up on Conservative values in favour of self serving.

Labour are a bloody joke with their posh imbecilic leader Beer Starmer Piles (protector of paedophiles and knee taker to the fraudulent BLM terrorists), who can't define what a woman is.

...and who are the Lib Dems these days? They seem a bit obscure.

No confidence in any of them. I couldn't even vote tactically.

At least by not voting I can't be blamed when the part I voted for messes up the economy again.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Punk - I find it tempting not to vote at the next general election.

But what I'll probably do is vote for an independent candidate.

There's no way I'll vote for Labour or the Conservatives. Mainstream politics is a complete joke at the moment.

I could count on one hand the number of MPs from those two parties whom I respect.

So I'll use my vote to vote for someone else. It probably won't make much of an impact, but there you go ...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    LUHE - I could count on one hand the number of MPs from those two parties whom I respect.

You had your hands cut off?

I often muse about how the Jobots were right about Politics and 'man dominating man to his injury'.

They are correct about this much at least.

So I'll use my vote to vote for someone else. It probably won't make much of an impact, but there you go ...

I get where you're coming from. I'm going to vote with my 2 fingers but not the Churchill way round.

NOTE: For my American chums, think- 'the bird', except we Brits use 2 fingers. (Repetition for emphasis?).

The Eton toffs have messed things up because 1, they're incompetent and 2, they don't care because they're doing well.

Look at old Wishy Washy Sunak's Missus minting it in from Amazon. Makes me wonder if we were locked down on purpose so that people like them and PPI shares Vallance could profit and to hell with the working class!?!?!

I'm almost convinced of it.

....and don't mention dinghies at Dover......

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

No. Just bought a new car and boat. Left the WT years ago and planned on things going to shit. Life is good.

• Simon
    Simon
    Just bought a new car and boat

Yep, life's going pretty well for some ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit