Governing Body went from anonymous secret group to T.V Stars??? How?

by Witness 007 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anator
    Anator
    I remember when 'The faithful and discreet slave' were indeed 'Discreet'. We didn't really know who they were or much about them. BUt the new GB 2.0 are putting themselves out there, making themselves the opposite of being 'Discreet'.
  • TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

................or to TV Muppets :

• Witness 007
    Witness 007
    We once mocked Jimmy Swagart and Tammy Baker T.V religious goons of the 1980's. Back then we just dumped tons of books and mags on folks at the door.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

They are not really T.V stars, only in their own minds, and on their own obscure, well hidden Channel.

Jeez, if it wasn't for ex JW's taking the piss out of them, they wouldn't even make it to You Tube.

Hardly Mainstream are they ?

• Alive!
    Alive!
    So true @ Phizzy
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Witness 007 - "Governing Body went from anonymous secret group to TV Stars??? How?"

Apparently, it's not as difficult as previously thought.

x

Besides, it's an American religion; Americans seem to love being in front of a camera... :wink:

• Cheeto
    Cheeto
    I grew up in the organization and NEVER knew the names of governing body except for the president. Do any JW'S now know the names of them?
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

GB 1.0 had followed the eras of Russell, Rutherford, and Knorr. To be such a visible leader was to also have a giant target on you. Those GB weren't at all shy and retiring, but I think they realized that they didn't want the level of attention and scrutiny that would come with being "JW rock stars" like those previous presidents.

I don't think the current GB 2.0 realize this. The closest they've come has been with Jackson hauled before the ARC. This is their new reality. Now that they have plastered their names, faces, and voices on the Internet, advertised their current and future addresses, and done the same with their GB hamburger helpers, they have sealed their fate according to their own prophecies. If they really expect government to attack religion, the GB can expect to be the first ones trucked off to the concentration camps when their new headquarters will be turned into President Trump's rural retreat! LOL.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Billy: ...the GB can expect to be the first ones trucked off to the concentration camps when their new headquarters will be turned into President Trump's rural retreat! LOL.

Nah. That won't happen. If Trump gets in, he will be their guest at their compound. Don't forget that the GB does business with Trump's son-in-law - Jared Kushner.

If Trump gets in, the GB will be lobbying to make the JWs the official American religion.

• Half banana
    Half banana
    If Trump gets in, the GB will be lobbying to make the JWs the official American religion.

Good point Birdie but this is just the GB's wet dream because, sad for them, the WT is avowedly unpatriotic.

I suppose they could suddenly find some miraculous "New Light" which allows them to join the UN again and go mainstream? But then again little cargo cults like JWs are forever condemned to waiting with only a crumb of hope to live on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit