My new Religion is The Truth.

by LAWHFol 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

What exactly is Religion? Why all of the pain?

You either Love religion (Usually the one you call Home), you hate it.. Or you're somewhere in between, and you say "Let bygones be bygones".

Have you ever taken some time, to really think about what Religion is, and why it does what it does?

I was working at a Farmers Market today, and as I was leaving, I saw 2 Witnesses (Which I used to know) manning a Jw.Org cart.

It was a husband and Wife couple, in their late 20's.. The husband was slouched over looking at his phone, and the wife was twirling her hair and biting her nails.

They sat there, just the two of them, in the Hot florida sun from 9am - 2pm.. (I would be surprised if they spoke a word more than "Hello" to anyone today.).

When I saw these JW's i had a brief Butterfly effect thought. - Some gray bearded dude, 150 years ago, decides to step into a backyard religious meetup, he likes what he hears, and decides he wants to be a Writer of all things "Truth", and here we are.. All because of this one man, Russell. We have 8 Million Human beings Somewhere on the earth, sitting on park benches, and checking their fantasy team scores, all while "Spreading the Good news of the Kingdumb"

On the other side of the pond, you have Family Men, blowing themselves up, and hurting countless fellow humans beings, all because of this man and his Book 1,500 years ago.

For People like you and I, we think to ourselves. "Man I'm glad I escaped this Thing called Religion."

How can we be so sure, we have escaped though? Have We?

Perhaps we have stopped attending a building, perhaps however Religions, don't require the use of a building.

Perhaps what religion is deep down at it's core. Is something simple like an Idea or An Idea-logy.

Perhaps, we've left the church, and we've swapped our JW Credentials, for Political Zealot credentials.

Or perhaps we have searched deep into the Scriptures, and we have found the True - Truth..

We have Discovered that {Insert Ism here} is the One True Religion.

Now with our new found Belief System or Non-Belief System, we can bash on others peoples beliefs, and finally feel good about it. After all our Ideas are correct, and anyone's ideas that are contrary, are wrong.

If you hate what Religion does to the World.. Stop Practicing religion.

- If you are a Man, stop believing that you are better than women.

- If you are a Human, stop believing that it is ok to pay Walmart or Safeway or Publix to Torture and Kill innocent animals, so that you can eat meat.

- If you are Straight, stop believing that heterosexual relationships are right and homosexual relationships are wrong.

- If you are an American, stop believing that one Muslim is bad because some other Muslims do bad things.

- If you are a Muslim, stop believing that if the God's name is not Allah, he is not God.

- If you are a boss , stop believing it is ok to pay your employees less than a fair rate.

- If you are are an atheist, stop believing that non atheists are wrong.

- If you believe in God, stop believing that atheists are wrong.

- If you are a democrat stop believing that republicans are wrong.

I want to Stop Judging and Discriminating, won't you Join me?

• cofty
    cofty
    If you are are an atheist, stop believing that non atheists are wrong.

But they are.

I pay theists the respect of assuming they care about truth despite all the evidence that they mostly don't.

I'm generous like that.

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol
    Cofty - If you're not part of the Solution - You're part of the problem.
  • Simon
    Simon

Believing in facts is not "judging and discriminating"

Not all of the things you list deserve equal billing.

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

Simon - I agree that believing in a Fact is not discrimination. What fact are you referring to please?

i agree that not all list items are equal.. I'm using them, as an example, of the fact that Discrimination, of any type, any time, if fervent enough, will create the same Issues as are seen in religion. Religion is not the problem, discrimination is.

• cofty
    cofty
    Cofty - If you're not part of the Solution - You're part of the problem

Please explain?

Why are you conflating my position with discrimination?

Sort out your muddled thinking and try again

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

Cofty - You aren't Discriminating, however I feel that you are Judging.

As Marijuana is a gateway Drug that leads to LSD, Judging is a gateway bias that leads to Discrimination.

• cofty
    cofty
    Cofty - You aren't Discriminating, however I feel that you are Judging.

I am judging religious superstitions to be wrong. They are. Why not say so?

As Marijuana is a gateway Drug that leads to LSD, Judging is a gateway bias that leads to Discrimination.

I don't discriminate against anybody. However you are judging. Pot-kettle-black

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Hi LAWHFol,

That statement was rather curious.

If Marijuana is a gateway to LSD, then Coffee is a gateway to Alcohol.

How did you make a Marijuana LSD connection if I may ask?

Incidentally since 2008 LSD has been studied for use as a method of anxiety relief in terminally ill cancer patients. It has also recently (2012) been studied as an adjunctive treatment for of all things alcoholism. Also LSD may possibly be psychologically habit forming (depending on the individual) but is not physically habit forming.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Perhaps what religion is deep down at it's core. Is something simple like an Idea or An Idea-logy.

Ideology is religion's sibling. Like ideology religion is an attempt to explain the world. By and of itself the human impulse for religion is not innately evil - Buddhists and Jains are pretty harmless - but the religions of our civilized era are mostly tyrannical in nature because our civilizations are so. I'd rather go back to the stone age when we worshipped (Through cave paintings and other relics) what we ate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit