so let me get this straight.. the borg moves into their new corporate country club....

by nowwhat? 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

For pictures google: "Farms, Red Mills Road, Wallkill, Shawangunk, New York, USA"

_____

Watchtower properties in mid-Hudson

TOWN OF SHAWANGUNK

Red Mill Road

A sprawling complex on 1,141 acres, including a saw mill, food processing and printing plants

Estimated market value: $135 million.

Tax exempt. If taxable, it would pay about $4.7 million in property taxes.

TOWN OF NEWBURGH

1294 Route 300

Former Hampton Inn

Market value: $6.4 million

Tax exempt. It was paying $262,000 in property taxes before Watchtower bought it.

15 Crossroads Court

Former Hilton Garden Inn on 5.6 acres

Market value: $8 million

Tax exempt. It was paying $326,000 in property taxes before Watchtower bought it.

TOWN OF MONTGOMERY

124 Bracken Road

200,000-square-foot warehouse on 12 acres

Market value: $8.3 million

Tax exempt. It would pay $290,832 if taxable.

TOWN OF WARWICK

15, 20, 30, 40, 45, 50 and 55 King's Drive, off Long Meadow Road

Watchtower world headquarters

Watchtower is building three multi-story apartment buildings, a vehicle maintenance building; a four-level parking garage, and an office-service building. The complex will total 1.6 million square feet.

Construction has not been completed and therefore the property as a whole has not been assessed.

TOWN OF TUXEDO

Route 72 and Long Meadow Road

Former research headquarters of International Paper

Market value $2,748,000

Tax exempt. It would pay $103,491 if taxable.

227 Ironwood Drive

Apartment complex

Market value: $749,200

Taxes paid: $28,213. Watchtower is seeking an exemption.

51 Woods Road

Single-family home

Market value: $344,600

Taxes paid: $12,868. Watchtower is seeking an exemption.

57 Cross Ridge Road

Single family home

Market value: $345,800.

Tax exempt. It would pay $13,168 if taxable.

15 Sylvan Way

Single-family home

Market value: $295,500.

Taxes paid: $10,056. Watchtower is seeking an exemption.

Source: town assessors and Orange County

http://www.recordonline.com/article/20150307/NEWS/150309486

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Get this I had a relative tell me Wt was never against the internet.

• stillin
    stillin

The Witnesses have a hard time realizing (or they would never admit) that all of this glitz is validating their devotion to the religion. "See? We have something to show! "

And in the big scheme of things, it's just more clutter on the surface of the Earth.v

• dozy
    dozy

There was a thread that some pictures of the rooms at the new HQ had been removed from JW.Org - possibly because they might "stumble" JWs who live in less comfortable accommodation.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Vomit-inducing, both for the magnitude of the properties themselves, also for the uncritical support/defense of them by the adoring masses and the volunteer labor lavished so senselessly on these vulgar, garish wanna-be Vaticans.

Psalms. 127:1

• wifibandit
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Gotta admit, the cushy digs are a pretty strong incentive for the loyalist rank-and-file to stay "in" and aspire towards.

• TheWonderofYou
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart

I think the word you are looking for is thick,in my area on the carts they are still giving 10 year old teaching books away and even if they only go the jw website they know of so many savings that the borg have made

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Flipster - ll these J-dubs are getting the rug pulled out from under them- and they don't even know it. Or most don't want to admit it because they're too invested for life. Incredible.

I wonder how long it'll be before the penny drops with the rank and file(tm)? Pun intended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit