Special Request - Important !!!

by Amazing 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

It's late and I should go to bed instead of reading that pamphlet, but I just noticed this, on page 2:

When answering questions about your religious beliefs and practices, emphasize the fact that you have formed your beliefs and adopted your practices after much study and reflection; your religion is not simply a matter of rules which have been imposed by the elders.

I don't really think I need to say anything about that.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

*barf* Just found another wonderful quote:

Many feel that Jehovah's Witnesses are against education. On the contrary, the children of Jehovah's Witnesses are encouraged to make the most of their education.
  • Euphemism
    Euphemism

Suggested cross-examination questions for the non-witness parent:

- Have you been very upset since your spouse has become one of Jehovah's Witnesses?

- Might your angry attitude have an adverse emotional effect on your spouse?

- Is it surprising your spouse would find it difficult in view of your attitude of intolerance and animosity?

Suggested examination questions and responses for local elder:

- What sort of instruction does the church encourage parents to provide their children?
    (For example, you might wish to share some of the following educational and culturally-enriching subjects from the Society's publications:)

- Can you describe what takes place at the meetings of Jehovah's Witnesses?
    (Many criticize the meeting schedule as one which is overly demanding for a young child. You may want to highlight that they are religious, educational, promote a warm familial spirit, and that young people make many social contacts at these meetings.)

- Does church teach that young people should learn only about religion of Jehovah's Witnesses?
    (No. Consider following objective consideration of other religions in our publications:)

Suggested examination questions and responses for local witness youths:

- Have you been exposed to different religious views since youth? How has this affected you?

Learned to be tolerant and appreciate divergence of opinions; while personally choosing teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses, have learned to respect others' right of choice.

- Are not three religious meetings a week boring?

No. Meetings are interesting. Participate in Theocratic Ministry School and learn how to talk to people. Associate with other young people at meetings. Make social and recreational arrangements.

Sample answers to a psychological evaluation:

Q: And what brought about the end of the marriage?

A: When he had an affair, I just couldn't take it anymore. He claims I drove him to it by becoming one of Jehovah's Witnesses. He was always highly critical of my beliefs and even became outwardly hostile at times. I think he was just using my religion as an excuse. When I wouldn't take him back, he wanted to get back at me by trying to take custody of my Lisa.

Q: And why do you think he was so critical of your beliefs?

A: Well, doctor, I'm not a psychiatrist, but I think he was insecure about my sincere and dedicated interest in the Bible. He always seemed to feel I would lose interest in him and not have respect for his opinions. He claimed I tried to force religion on him.

Rather than telling Lisa what to think, I encourage her to use her mind. As one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I feel that the Bible encourages us to use our God-given conscience.
  • avengers
    avengers

I've read this brochure before, but it's nice to see again. It provides a good laugh.

Anybody with a reasonable mind can see right through this trickery.

When I read this stuff it looks to me as if the WT has signed it's own death warrant; a kind of religious suicide.
    I mean who would still want to become JW after reading this?

Andy.

hand me another nail.!!!!! If I had a hammer I'd hammer in the morning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit