Can JWs vote?

by NikL 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I don't know who the poster was but going back 10 years someone posted from the Awake back in either 1961 or 62 the exact page in the Bound Volume where it says witnesses can vote, I even showed it to my mother since she had a library of the Bound Volumes going back to the early 60's. I hope someone here knows where to find it, it says yes they can vote'

• smiddy
    smiddy

What i remember was " A Christian cant serve two masters " and as a JW we served the King Christ Jesus and to vote in a worldly election would make our dedication to God and Jesus void ,so we couldnt do so.

My practice was ,as it is compulsory to vote in Australia was to write on the ballot sheet the following.

"As a Christian Witness of Jehovah I have already in effect voted for Christ Jesus"

And I was never ever challenged as my name was struck off as I entered the polling booth.

No JW could challenge me as I was obeying the law and also voting for JC Kingship.

• venus
    venus

In principle Bible is not against voting (1 Tim 2:1,2; Romans 13:4; Mark 12:17)

• Chook
    Chook

In JW land only the men can vote , elders vote MS into positions , elders vote for appointment and deletion of elders , the GB vote each resolution needing a 66% pass. They ask publishers to vote for resolution for more money , they just can't vote for a pagan who will give them subsidised health , fix roads ,education or any other thing that they can winge about.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`ll pay that chook ,and dont forget that annoited females cant vote either even though they can rule in heaven with JC ,? and they have no say in congregation matters or sit on the Governing Body ?

Go figure !

• Tallon
    Tallon
    In JW land only the men can vote , elders vote MS into positions , elders vote for appointment and deletion of elders , the GB vote each resolution needing a 66% pass. They ask publishers to vote for resolution for more money , they just can't vote for a pagan who will give them subsidised health , fix roads ,education or any other thing that they can winge about.

Spot on Chook

... and dont forget that annoited females cant vote either even though they can rule in heaven with JC?, and they have no say in congregation matters or sit on the Governing Body? ...

Smiddy, It's absolutely crazy. Makes no sense at all.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Usually, if you do vote, you will be denied "privileges(??)". You want to go to Israel the next time they have that wasteful abomination and participate in that grand waste of money and time? You better not vote. You want to pious-sneer? You better not vote. Besides that, they might give a talk on "political neutrality" and disfellowship anyone that votes--not for voting per se, but for "brazen conduct".

With all the ballyhooing of hardship, it would be nothing for people to suffer because of not voting where it is required by law or if there is actually a decent candidate that might actually do something useful for their country, not some alien agenda. Of course, one reason to not vote is if all the candidates are lousy. When they are all going to cater to some alien agenda and it matters not who you vote for, it makes for a lousy excuse to get out there and vote. No, you are not responsible if one of the candidates gets in and borks up. That candidate is, or the Deep State is. But, still joke-hova will happily hold you responsible for something itself is doing.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

You can't vote, but you can lobby Russia when the governing body is worried about losing material assets.

• dogon
    dogon

They are protecting their ass from the law. Go to a meeting and tell everyone your voting and see how you will be treated like you just rapped someones mama. No you can not vote and hold any position. They never really say why your being treated the way you are. Dfing and marking. Its always "conduct unbecoming a JW" This is why they hate being recorded in Judicial meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit