Moving to warwick: 1 Billion dollars in profits so far.

by StephaneLaliberte 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    At one point, the Witnesses held 4.5 million square feet over 30 buildings. They’re down to nine buildings, having made about $1.25 billion on staggered sales since 2004, according to the CO.

http://therealdeal.com/2016/09/22/the-secret-to-jehovahs-witnesses-real-estate-success-maintenance-and-patience/

Warwick is 1.6 Million Square-Foot. At $125 per foot (industry standard), you are looking at 200 Million construction fee. Sure, there is free work force, however, they still had to pay for the land. Other expense would be actually moving over there. So, it looks like it is a clear profit of about 1 Billion dollars!

What puzzles me is the fact that they could have easily paid 100 million dollars in labor and let the brothers and sisters preach instead of building something. They obviously don't hold preaching as such a high priority after all, do they. Better put 100 million aside to pay the law suites!

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Recently, Jared and a group of partners acquired several vast properties in Brooklyn from the Jehovah’s Witnesses, for two billion dollars;

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/08/22/ivanka-trump-and-jared-kushners-power-play

• Gayle
    Gayle

So, Warwick Headquarters is 'not much more than a third' sq. ft. as previous total sq. ft. in Brooklyn.

Seems, the WT. could have saved a lot of time and money, and energies just selling 2/3 of property, and remained in Brooklyn. However, they apparently needed this diversion?

• Life is to short 2
    Life is to short 2

Funny but my die hard JW husband even said that one reason they might have felt the need to move is because of how horrible they have treated the victims of their injustices especially the sexuality abused ones.

This way they are tucked away and it would be a lot harder for some off balanced victim to take them out.

It is strangely sad for me to hear my husband say that because when we were serving where the need was great a off balanced JW in the hall threanted to kill us and some person in the service department at Bethel (who you never get told their name God forbid)told my husband that no matter what we could not go to the police.

I begged and pleaded with my husband but he said he had to obey Bethel. I would go by myself to the police now but at that time I was a stupid submission house plant of a wife.

I wonder if they have had threats and that's one reason for the move.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

The thing that drives me crazy about this move is that no one has any ideas if they payed off a lot of debts or if they are actually sitting on their money.

As to the possibility of an "off balanced" shooting them up... I'd think that moving in Warwick would actually make it easier. Less police force around, less cameras, huge forest to hide in... I strongly doubt that they thought about that when they made their move.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Gales, they sold 30 buildings so far. However, I don't believe they could have sold 2/3 just like that and get to where they are. Different buildings are used differently and are worth different amount. In the end, they have specific needs to cover. Lets not neglect the fact that they also accounted the free labor in their decision.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    It is more likely that 9/11 is a prime motivator followed closely by lawsuit judgements and settlements. 9/11 spooked them. They were too close to ground zero in a terrorist attack. I am sure they thought that the attack on the twin towers was from Satan and actually meant for them! I have no doubt. To thwart Satan, Jehoobie directed them to cash out and move.
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart

but its good for us steph that they have used millions of field service hours in building rather than cart work because that meant that no fruit would come from the carts at all.And they will need 1 billion dolars to pay for all the teaching books that they put on the carts so that they have somthing to give out

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Math quiz:

What is one billion dollars divided by 7 men?

• Chook
    Chook

With a billion bucks they could buy a decent remote island invite the whole brotherhood there, with free labour they could build housing and every other comfort that communities need, buy uniforms with badges for the elders, introduce there Judical system and save the world of heart ache and of being woken Saturday mornings .DFing can be a public execution, similar to ISIS , there's plenty of bible zealot execution examples for this loving brotherhood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit