bullying

by Hendrixgrip 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Biahi
    Biahi

I’m wondering if, each time she texts you with”encouragement.”, is she counting a return visit.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Such people really believe they might be able to save your life. They truly believe you have strayed off of the narrow road to life and are heading off into destruction. It takes a good kick in the ass for them to even consider the possibility that THEY might be the one who is being mislead and who is wrong!

But the kick in the ass usually just causes their Cognitive Dissonance to kick in and their brain to shut down (less the pain be too great to accept the fact they might be wrong)!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It takes a good kick in the ass for them to even consider the possibility that THEY might be the one who is being mislead and who is wrong!

True but that's due to the lengthy mental indoctrination.

One could ask a JWS how do they think its possible to gain salvation and appeasement to god through actively supporting the sins of men who produced and propagated a false commercialized Gospel ?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I find it ironic that she not only still talks to a former JW but is staying with one while she attends the assembly no less and yet she has the gall to treat you as if you're the one who is somehow missing out, not getting the point or seeing the big picture. If anyone there knew she was staying with you, they'd view her a a person to watch out for.

It's a one way street with JW's. If you don't play by their rules, they take their ball and go home. Imagine if you texted her and said..."Miss you...sure wish you weren't wasting your time at that assembly....do you mind if I talk to your kids about my bible views some time?

It would be all over, but for the shouting if you did that. You'll have to be patient with her and resist making any number of pointed comebacks that come to mind.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Hendrixgrip: My wife's answer every time I ask "how can they not see this?" is, IT'S A CULT. It's gotten to be a joke.

Let's review: It's a cult!

Just for fun: Here are the search results for that phrase on this forum: Let's review: It's a cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit