Wt's long term time speculations.

by waton 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• waton
    waton

Last week's wt study, Sept. 25 - Oct, 1 , contains a wording often repeated in old publications, that is at variance with the bible's reading , (no surprise here), wherein Wt writers have consistently insisted that the universal sovereignty issue will be settled by,- or at the end of the 1000 year reign.

This erroneous rendering of the events following Satan's release after the millennium is again used in Par. 18.

"--it will not be until the end of his Thousand Year Reign that all his enemies will be completely destroyed.."

"until the end" clearly implies, wrongly, that the final test falls within the 1000 years and there will clear sailing after 49 000 years aA (after Adam.) ha ha.

This contradictory wording, together with the unfitting anointed generation ending, makes me believe that wt has a serious long term time concept, in the range of the Jubilee cycle, that does not match bible writings. confused as these are.

wt is superimposing it's beliefs on the bible.

PS. interesting too how they link the kingdoms: 1914 Christ starts his "rule", but later has his "Thousand Year Reign", capitalized.

• sir82
    sir82

wt is superimposing it's beliefs on the bible.

They've been at it for 140 years and you're just now figuring that out?

• waton
    waton

Sir, no, old news, but above It shows that they are still at it, contradicting Acts 1:7 time wise. enjoy the details.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

At the end of the 1,000-year reign of Jesus then will be the final destruction of the evil ones. My God, how many armageddons do we need? The first one was the Flood when all of the wicked people on the earth and not so wicked animals were destroyed by the hand of God. Then we have the fast approaching destruction by God that has been heading our direction for the past 103 years and finally the third Armeggedon at the end of the 1,000 years.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

finally the third Armeggedon at the end of the 1,000 years.

To be followed at some point in time as revealed by Nulite in the scrolls yet to be opened by a fourth "Armageddon"...and a fifth...and a...well we all get the point.

• sir82
    sir82

My God, how many armageddons do we need?

Overlapping armageddons.

Maybe that's what the AGM will be about on Saturday - Splane will break out another graph....

• waton
    waton

SG, SG, Sr, all, Yes, the bible idea of one intervention after another, that never happened is ridiculous, but my point was, if you care, that

wt writers adhere to a scripted time table requiring precise wording to be fed into the minds of believers, a timetable that still ticks on the 7000 year cycle, which got jws into the 1975 frenzy. Par 18 revealed that.

all will be done by ~3075, --- if D. Splane can be believed. Ripley anyone?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Adventist based nonsense.

I asked my brother, an Elder, if we only had 900 years left of Jesus' rule, or is the Millenial Reign actually 1,100 years, or is Jesus having a coronation that has an unknown time frame and then the actual 1,000 years can begin?

DD 🙄

• waton
    waton

Data Dog, yes, the persistent use of replacing "after the 1000 years have ended} with "until the end of the 1000 years" shows that the deluded ones among the writers are still deep "in"

nonsense that badly affected millions.
  • waton
    waton

Wt seems to have a rigid time schedule, and if a pesky bible detail does not match it, they just re-write it, here,

The inconvenient bible fact that the release of Satan, the final test happens after, outside and beyond the 1000 years, the 7000 year rest day, the 49 000 year jubilee cycle has to be squashed.

wt still is time line driven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit