Evolution is a Fact #37 - Testicles

by cofty 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
    A living cell is much more complex. It also needs a designer and a builder.

Vidqun that is the sort of facile argument the Watchtower relies on.

You really haven't read a single science book have you?

What do you know about the origin of some of the organelles inside our complex eukaryotic cells? Have you read anything about endosymbiosis? It is fascinating.

Did you know for example that our mitochondria were originally free-living α-proteobacteria? Did you know they still have their own DNA including active genes? Also some genes that were originally in mitochondria have transferred to the nucleus. The ones that are left in the mitochondria are still there for a good reason to do with cellular respiration. Would you like me to recommend a fascinating book on this topic?

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

Its called the concept of design. Its simple. A house needs an architect and a builder. It doesn't appear out of the blue. It was designed by somebody. It was built by somebody. That's not to complicated, is it? A living cell is much more complex. It also needs a designer and a builder. I know, evolutionists struggle with the concept. Sorry about that. - Vidqun

I struggle with logical fallacies. The one you present here is the non sequitur variant. Perhaps you don't understand what I mean? I don't care! I'm not your mother...

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Let's start with embryology. The gonads start as primordial germ cells.They are identified after the fourth week of development. The descent of the testes is not merely a simple migration. At first it lies on the dorsal abdominal wall, but as it enlarges, its cranial end degenerates, and the organ therefore assumes a more caudal position. It is attached to the mesonephric fold by a peritoneal fold. The undifferentiated gonad contains the testicular vessels and nerves. At the end of the second month the caudal part of the ventral abdominal wall is horizontal but, after the return of the intestines to the peritoneal cavity, it grows in length and becomes vertical.The caudal pole of the testes is retained in apposition with the deep inguinal ring by the gubernaculum until the seventh month, when it suddenly and rapidly passes passes through the inguinal canal and gains the scrotum. As it descends it is necessarily accompanied by its peritoneal covering, and the adjoining peritoneum from the iliac fossa is drawn down into the processus vaginalis. The distal end of the processus vaginalis, into which the testes projects, forms the tunica vaginalis testis, but the portion associated with the spermatic cord in the scrotum and in the inguinal canal normally becomes obliterated. The fascial coverings of the testis and spermatic cord, including the cremaster, are developed from the gubernaculum testis. The testis must follow the processus vaginalis, and should the latter for any reason follow any but the scrotal bundle of the gubernaculum, malposition of the testis will result.

So yes, it has to do with the development of the testis in the embryo. I believe a template of life was originally established. The same template was used to create life, and adapted to the different life forms, thus the similarities in structure. The whole process was carefully designed and put together by a superior intelligence. Life was no accident.

• cofty
    cofty

Vidqun could you please provide a reference for your copy-paste?

So yes, it has to do with the development of the testis in the embryo.

No it doesn't.

All you have done is describe the embryonic steps by which your vas deferens ends up looped over your pubic bone, around your urethra and back down through your pelvis to your penis.

You have explained how the bad design gets built by the embryo. You still have all your work to do to explain why an intelligent designer came up with such a ridiculous arrangement.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Reacting to some nonsense a couple posts back:

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observationand experimentation. Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory?wprov=sfla1

If you can't even get that right, why bother joining the discussion?

• cofty
    cofty

Vidqun - I found your copy-paste.

Google Books - Management of Abdominal Hernias edited by Andrew Kingsnorth, Karl A. LeBlanc p.185

You edited it just enough to make a text search difficult.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Let me see, a logical fallacy is “a mistaken belief, especially one based on unsound arguments” (Oxford). Thanks for that. Actually I notice quite a few of those in Cofty’s threads dealing with evolution. Really, to use the working of the mitochondria of bacteria to prove the origin of our mitochondria, now that is funny.

Cofty, your book argument is boring. You’ll have to try another approach to intimidate me. That one doesn’t work. Anyway, you have a short memory. You may not remember, but I am a qualified Medical Microbiologist with Anatomy, Physiology and Microbiology as majors. Yes, I have a lot of books dealing with those subjects. I had to work through all of them to pass those subjects.

Clue: Follow the migration of the testes, then you will be able to work out the connections. See where the testes originate from. See where they go. The spermatic cord follows that path.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Wrong again. Try Gray's Anatomy, 35th edition.

• cofty
    cofty
    Wrong again. Try Gray's Anatomy, 35th edition.

So why would you copy-paste and not attribute? That's dishonest.

I notice quite a few of those in Cofty’s threads dealing with evolution.

If you can find one please give me a link to it and I will correct it immediately.

Or you are just throwing around careless insults in lieu of actual answers.

Really, to use the working of the mitochondria of bacteria to prove the origin of our mitochondria, now that is funny.

Except I didn't do that. You asserted that cells are complex therefore must be designed. I was asking you what research you had done to discover the origins of eukaryotic cells. I shared a couple of facts about endosymbiosis to whet your appetite and asked I you would like me to suggest a book that explains a great deal more.

Follow the migration of the testes, then you will be able to work out the connections. See where the testes originate from. See where they go. The spermatic cord follows that path.

That doesn't even begin to answer the question.

The path of the vas deferens makes no sense other than in the light of an embryology that began with our fish ancestors. All you have done is describe the embryonic process. That isn't in dispute.

Every day babies are born with genetic defects. Describing the complex embryonic processes that led to those defects doesn't make them any less defective. You are avoiding the question.

See number 13 in the series for an almost identical example in the recurrent laryngeal nerve...

Describing the embryonic development of the larynx and aorta doesn't answer why an intelligent designer designed it that way. Describing the embryology of the Inguinal canal doesn't begin to explain why the vas deferens takes such a ridiculous route. The path was set in our evolutionary ancestors and embryology has no option but to follow the same route. An intelligent designer would not do it that way. Neither would he design us in such a way so that men suffer the problems caused by the prostate or Inguinal hernias. It is suboptimal design.

• cofty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit