Warwick Tour Brochure

by konceptual99 22 Replies latest jw friends

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

There's almost a picture of a GB member on every page. Remember, they are meek and humble!

• dozy
    dozy
    Interesting to see "Fat Boy" Sanderson at the head of the table of the writing committee. Is he the chairman this service year ( unusual for the most junior of the GB members to hold such a prominent position? ) Or does he just need a bit more room to spread himself?
  • kpop
    kpop

Forgive me if this is not correct but am I the only one who finds it ironic that the JW .borg is made up of mostly minorities (20% white, 40% black and African, 10% Asian, 30% Latino) but is headed by a group of old white men? Jehovah has such a sense of humor!

• Londo111
    Londo111

That's all forgiven since they've one token black guy on the GB!

I now bristle at reading or hearing the word: warmly

They've made it so saccharine.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    dozy: Interesting to see "Fat Boy" Sanderson at the head of the table of the writing committee. Is he the chairman this service year ( unusual for the most junior of the GB members to hold such a prominent position? ) Or does he just need a bit more room to spread himself?

*snicker*

What happened to High School Dropout Jackson? The Translator Supreme One?

Maybe The Glorious Ones are a little concerned with their glorious image after Jackson's oh so public/humiliating appearance in Australia?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    kpop: Forgive me if this is not correct but am I the only one who finds it ironic that the JW .borg is made up of mostly minorities (20% white, 40% black and African, 10% Asian, 30% Latino) but is headed by a group of old white men? Jehovah has such a sense of humor!

But it is effective. In a country like Africa, it is a selling point. The religion becomes this all powerful collection of white gods who live really far away. It adds to their authority.

And the Glorious Ones pat themselves on the back for being the Perfect Paternal Protector. The charitable colonial corporate model in action.

• dozy
    dozy

Actually it's not fair to say that women or non-whites have no representation or involvement in the picture of the "good ol boys" at the large table - you can imagine after every meeting the latina & black housekeepers are ushered in by their male supervisor.... "OK sisters - I want that big mahogany table cleaned - remove all the spittle from the ass licking by the GB helper subordinates and polish it so brightly that Sanderson's reflected bald head looks like a halo...- remember to hoover up the donut crumbs at the head of the table"

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

That image of a whole conference room full of old white guys just reminds everyone that in JWland, the patriarchy is alive and well. Still, I'm surprised that they would include that in a public document since it such striking visual evidence of how out of touch they are with the diversity of the real world.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

And the Glorious Ones pat themselves on the back for being the Perfect Paternal Protector. The charitable colonial corporate model in action.

The colonial-era East India Trading Company as portrayed in Taboo.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

So, you think you know it better?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit