So are JWs told not to go on YouTube?

by mickbobcat 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I was told on line that JWs are now forbidden to go on YouTube? Is that true or is it a case by case congregation thing?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i suppose it depends on what you want to watch.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I've never heard of that being a "blanket rule".

The internet is the WTS's greatest enemy and it's a "Pandora's Box" that cannot be closed.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Aren't JWs also told that they CAN'T FORNICATE!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

There are a lot of reposts of talks, assemblies, videos. You gotta find some way to get in your time.

My brother is always getting " meetings" on YouTube. He said you have to be careful. He is old and I am not going to rattle his cage.

Are there any more lego commentaries? Or the good old cartoons.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

There's a weird paranoia between YouTube and the average JW!

It's not so much that JWs are being told to not visit YouTube as it is that JWs are not encouraged to visit YouTube. As an example...I've noticed that when I mention to other JWs of my frequency of watching YouTube videos in general...they have a tendency to change the subject. In other words...It's taboo to mention YouTube to a JW. The JW mindset is: "A JW who wants to remain in good standing wouldn't customarily view YouTube videos."

• Chezdale
    Chezdale

Hello MickBobcat,

I’m wondering...

who told you this.

Where did they learn it from?

thanks.

• Overrated
    Overrated

YouTube = educational.

Jw. Org = entertainment that is so boring to watch. Some content over and over.. Stupid.

• Biahi
    Biahi

My mom has never owned a computer, ( or cell phone). I offered to give her my iPad and buy myself a new one. She freaked out and said she’d never touch it, she did not want it. She attends zoom meetings at her sisters house.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Yeah, My super PIMI BRAIN WASHED, DILUTED WIFE WHOM WILL DIE FOR THE CULT is deathly afraid of youtube. she will not watch any video unless it is coming from the org.

I have asked her if her faith was so weak that she can't be tempted to challenge it. what do i hear from here.....crickets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit