Article: Public event in Laval to honour Jehovah's Witness who died after giving birth

by AndersonsInfo 16 Replies latest watchtower medical

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

I believe that the only information the article provided regarding the actual event was:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/dupuis-memorial-jehovahs-witness-1.3857367

The event will take place at 4 p.m. on Dec. 3 at the Eggspress restaurant at 8028 Marcel-Villeneuve Avenue.

I took the time to expand on that - adding the actual day of the week for example - oh, and the actual full address of the venue including the zip/post code, useful for popping into your favourite online/cell phone map to work out how far away it is - sure not much, but I thought the event was important enough to take that little extra bit of time, after all, anything that helps people attend, or decide if they can attend....

But, yeah, why bother adding that information?

I have learned over the years from media reps that it's so much better if part of the article is posted with a link and readers then go to the news organization responsible for the information so they, the media organization, finds out how many people read the article. If there's lots of interest in the subject, more articles will follow.

OK, sure, fully understand your thought principle here, a kind of 'clicks-before-facts' adage - I can run with that.

• freddo
    freddo

@DS

That seems a bit grudging. Hopefully I am reading it wrong.

Barbara Anderson has more bravery in standing up to and exposing the JW hierarchy in her little finger than I have in my whole body. She and her husband could've shut up, sucked up and stayed in relative comfort in Bethel, but she gave that up - and through no fault of her own a relationship with her son - to genuinely help people see the wicked and damaging flaws in JW'ism.

I'd hate for her to feel unappreciated.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Wow DS, you just skipped right over any type of apology..

Are you running for GB??

DD

• Simon
    Simon

darkspilver: stop being a douche!

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

It's 4.00pm on Friday afternoon in Montreal - so just a reminder that it's 24 hours to go....

Saturday 3 December 2016 at 4.00pm
    L’Eggspress Saint-François
    8028 Av Marcel Villeneuve, Laval, QC, H7A 4C5
    Phone: 450-936-4333
    Email: [email protected]
    http://www.restaurantleggspress.ca/en-ca/visit-us.html

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

Thanks for this Barbara, and I hope it gets some attention to be able to help others. I lost my mom years ago in this way as a very young boy a few days after she gave birth to my younger sibling. I still remember being left in the car waiting outside the hospital (in those days that was not a big deal), and within a few days seeing her body in a coffin at a funeral.

• Listener
    Listener

I am very sorry to hear this Axelspeed. Nothing could make up for your loss, not only for you but your whole family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit