Sixteen years later and wow is life different

by BlackSwan of Memphis 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Congratulations to you on your freedom. Isn't it wonderful?

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

I am 71 years also. I was just about 5 years ago when my folks answered that knock on the door. I left the insanity about 25 years ago. My oldest daughter got her Masters and now a MHC. My son went to the school of war. and my youngest daughter from my 2nd wife is a hair styles and part time insurance agent. And I am involved preserving our constitutional rights in this crazy world. (USA)

• hybridous
    hybridous
    Life goes by Fast. And either you rip the band aid off and deal with it or let it fester and eat you alive.
    Ive seen people do both.
    But the sooner you face it the sooner you start to heal and figure out who you are and where you're going.

This is so very well-put. I know some folks feel they must orchestrate a fade, but I knew that such would be an IMPOSSIBLE task for me, given my particulars...

Time waits for none of us, and once you know that you don't believe what the WT wants you to, the only thing left to do

is get on with the business of living your best, most honest, life.

Great post, and I'm glad you are doing well. Now you know you could've never made any other choice.

• Gorb
    Gorb

51, now. Started doubts at 24 and faded in 2008.

Since then higher education, 2 children and a lot of succes.

JW family are still in touch with us.

G.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I was having doubts around 2006, not including the Generations issue.

I was removed as an elder December 2006. Switched congregations, circuits, and states, all while not physically moving. The new congregation was only 20 minutes away. After that, stopped Book Study and FS. Then TMS.

Then our Kingdom Hall underwent renovation and scattered 5 congregations for a few months. Nobody told me anything, so I went nowhere. One random Sunday I went back and it was their first meeting back. I left after the talk...and never returned. That was August 2007. I was 40. I am now 55.

My story is elsewhere here. I have a wife now, an adopted son (now 21), a job that I work tons at. We bought our first house in 2019. Life is good. Not possible in JW land. I faded, others rip off the bandaid.

Snakes (Rich)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit