november 2018 study wt

by days of future passed 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I always get curious when someone posts an article from the WT. So I end up going there to look around at the whole article and find other things that are curiouser and couriouser.

Certainly, God’s thinking is superior to that of today’s world. Living by his thoughts will bring us the greatest happiness and success. But Jehovah will not force his thinking on us. “The faithful and discreet slave” does not exercise control over the thoughts of individuals, and neither do the elders. (Matt. 24:45; 2 Cor. 1:24) Rather, each Christian has the personal responsibility to bring his or her thinking into harmony with God’s. How can we do that?

This was in paragraph 13 in the article "Who molds your thinking? I thought it was a sly way to connect the FDS with God. Of course, the FDS does control the thinking of every JW or at least they try. And since the Elders are their enforcers, they do it too.

Paragraph 16 stirs up the US vs Them feelings and classifies non JW's as UNGODLY.

The preaching work itself will bring us in contact with erroneous beliefs. However, where contact with ungodly views is unavoidable, we certainly need not entertain them or accept them. Like Jesus, we should be quick to reject thoughts that serve Satan’s purpose.

Erroneous beliefs = ungodly = those that believe in the bible but aren't JW's. How funny would it be if a JW went to a door and after having a discussion, told the householder they had ungodly views.

p. 18 has the subtle put down of "families first"

We also do well to recognize and reject worldly thinking when it is presented in less obvious ways. For example, a news report might be angled in such a way so as to favor certain political opinions. A human interest story might advance the world’s view of human goals and achievements. Some movies and books promote the “me first” and “family first” philosophies, making them seem reasonable, appealing, even right. Such viewpoints overlook the Scriptural view that our families and self-worth thrive when we love Jehovah above all

The WT ties in the selfish behavior of "me first" with families being close. Then it makes sure that Loving God is more important than the loving the family first. Helps with the shunning you know.

On one of the pages I ended up on, I saw on the bottom right, a group of button links.

The first one was divided off from the rest of the links, with a line top and bottom.

DONATIONS

JW Broadcasting

etc with wt library, sign language ...

So you can see what they think of as the most important, not that it is a surprise...

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

By their fruits you will know them .

• tiki
    tiki

Grasping at straws......evidently the writers are at a loss for realistic reasoning to back their views...

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme
    But Jehovah will not force his thinking on us. “The faithful and discreet slave” does not exercise control over the thoughts of individuals, and neither do the elders.

Not they just hold a gun to our heads and say, well do what you want but...

Some movies and books promote the “me first” and “family first” philosophies, making them seem reasonable, appealing, even right.

Our movies promote a GIVE me every last penny and hour you got until you life is a complete waste.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

How dare you put your family first. What's wrong with you? Don't you know you must obey the GB first?!

• Giordano
    Giordano

After reading this and thank you 'days of future past' for sharing these remarkable words from the writing class of the WT, I am reminded that the WTBTS, with rare exceptions, has a collective eight grade educational outlook.

That was the grade level when the WT started in the 19th century and it is still reflected in it's dogma and biblical conclusions to this day. And once again there is that whiff of anti family.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Such viewpoints overlook the Scriptural view that our families and self-worth thrive when we love Jehovah above all

There's the rub, how the heck can they know what their God wants? How do you love a person you can't see, someone you talk to but he never answers. As with all religions somehow the priest class interprets what He wants and it always seems to be, give up your time and money to show you love Him, or rather..... give it to us.

• waton
    waton

the key word for this watchtower "study" is : "BUY truth, in other words: you guys better pay up.

Par. 6 key text: Isaiah 55 with the idea, come and get life's water FREE, like the old kingdom song rang. twisted beyond recognition, so:

Who is reaping all the benefit of the various "payments" the wt members make? not the creator, who does not need it, but good (or bad) old wt and it's harvesters. trouble is

Many of the sacrifices mentioned, or not, like being spit on (par. 12), or being raped for not spending 25 cents on a common ticket ( Malawi) , will really hurt the victims, and benefit no one, -- all for sustaining wt, by the buying of fake stuff* that is supposed to real, and be free to boot in the first place.

*wt is not, and never will be able to fulfill the promises it has made, and is currently making through i's false prophecies.

• Listener
    Listener
    Great news, the FDS says it won't excercise control over a persons thinking. Now we will begin to see JW men with beards, JW women wearing slacks in field work and at the halls, they'll be celebrating birthdays and the list goes on.
  • days of future passed
    days of future passed

P 18 is one of the sneakiest tricks that the WT uses. It combines two different things "Me First" and "Families First", so that the positive is linked to the negative.

I still remember that talk linking the faithful sheep that had sold houses and left businesses - to Harold camping. The link being that the regular JW had looked forward to a "certain" day and Harold Camping had preached a certain day for Armageddon to come. Since it worked out well for the WT (everyone chuckled at the assembly) they went on to do a video, holding up those that had followed their lead, to ridicule and a label of being "spiritually weak"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit