The West Australian: Jehovah Witness charged with historic child sex offences

by AndersonsInfo 11 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/jehovah-witness-charged-with-historic-child-sex-offences-ng-b88453246z

Jehovah Witness charged with historic child sex offences

Friday, 21 April 2017 3:11AM

A member of the Jehovah Witness congregation will appear in court next month after he was charged with historic child sex offences.

Child Abuse squad detectives charged the 72-year-old over alleged offences against a girl between 1979 and 1982.

It will be alleged the man sexually assaulted the girl, who was 11 at the time of the first offence, in the towns of Narrogin, Windy Harbour and Katanning.

“During this time, the man was an active member of the Katanning Jehovah Witness congregation,” a police spokesperson said.

The man has been charged with a string of child sex offences including indecent dealing, unlawful carnal knowledge of girls under 16 and deprivation of liberty.

The man was charged on Thursday after ongoing investigations from the Royal Commission into institutional child sex offences.

The 72-year-old will appear in the Katanning Magistrates Court on May 16.

If you are or have been a victim of child sexual abuse, or if you have information about someone being abused, call police on 131 444.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Sad another one

I liked to hear what happened and why didn't the girl and her parents call the police.

I would guess the typical hush, hush was probably utilized once again.

The positive point about this is that this guy who thought he got off all those years is now going to do some time behind bars.

What really should happen is put those elders who encouraged the girl and parents to hush up about the situation go behind bars themselves for being instigating and complicit.

Now that would be pure and appropriate justest.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Do we have a name?

I know people from those congregation areas ...

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

It's all going to come out... by order of The King.

"“Bea on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy. 2There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. 3What you have said in the dark will be heard in the daylight, and what you have whispered in the ear in the inner rooms will be proclaimed from the roofs. Lu. 12:2

• smiddy
    smiddy

Well said Finkelstein ,the elders who would have been involved in the JC and never reported it to the appropiate authorities should be jailed for obstructing justice.and being complicit in concealing a sex crime against a minor.

• smiddy
    smiddy

The man has been charged with a string of child sex offences including indecent dealing, unlawful carnal knowledge of girls under 16 and deprivation of liberty.

The man was charged on Thursday after ongoing investigations from the Royal Commission into institutional child sex offences

Hopefully this is only one of many charges that will arise from the ARC into child sexual abuse in institutions in Australia

And as I said in the above post ,surely the Elders who know of these crimes and fail to report to the appropiate authorities such as police and child protection services ,they should face criminal prosecution also..

The Elders report it to the legal department of jehovahs Witnesses who again fail to report it to the appropiate authorities ,they should all be held responsible and charged accordingly.

• zeb
    zeb

smiddy I agree. Surely hiding the knowledge of a crime is 'accessory after the fact'.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

As reported in a previous post the man was not charged even though he confessed to child services for the province. The elders disfellowshiped him and that was his only punishment. The police did not charge him with a crime.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

As reported in a previous post the man was not charged even though he confessed to child services for the province. The elders disfellowshiped him and that was his only punishment. The police did not charge him with a crime.

Which other report???

Puzzling - I though the two reports where about different people? I didn't think it was bad journalism?

I understand that:

The OP on this thread is: 72-year-old / 1979-82 / 11-year-old / Katanning Congregation

The 'other' (linked below) is: 69-year-old / 1977-79 / 8-year-old / West Burleigh Congregation

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/authorities-ignored-gold-coast-photographers-child-sex-crimes-20170413-gvkdx9.html

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

How the hell can The Australians say they care about children? Here's a freaking molestor who got away with molesting and they don't give a damn!

Austrailia says.. "oh it's hard to resist those delicious children... try not molest too often"

Bastards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit