Cell Phones VERY BAD says WBTS

by Beans 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beans
    Beans

This is hillarious, just another warning to todays youth to preach and not to send text messages during assemblies!

http://watchtower.org/library/g/2002/10/22/article_01.htm

A young Christian girl named Marja observes: "At Christian assemblies many young people keep sending trivial messages to others. It's very common!" Similar behavior has been observed among youths engaging in the Christian ministry. The Bible advises Christians to buy out time for spiritual activities. (Ephesians 5:16) How sad when such precious time is taken up by telephone conversation!

Oh Yeah, and dont fly airplanes!

http://watchtower.org/library/g/2002/12/8/article_01.htm

To address such concerns, Awake! consulted with security experts, airport personnel, airline officials, and aircraft maintenance workers. They all seem to agree on this: Although flying has remained one of the safest means of travel, new threats call for new measures to increase the security of the traveling public.

Must have been the investigative committee eh!!!!!

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    Cell Phones VERY BAD says WBTS

You mean....VERRRRRRRY BAAAAAD?

ESTEE

• Gadget
    Gadget

It dpends on the use you put them to. I used to wait until about 30 min into the seesions, the phone loads of people to see who'd forgotten to turn the ringer off on their phone... only ever found one. So is the phones that are bad, or just people like me?

GadgetVisit Smiley Central!

• ballistic
    ballistic

I got rid of my mobile when they became too common and antisocial. Everyone thinks I'm strange or excentric now for not having one.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Guess I'm reeeeeal baaaaad...huh....I got me a cell phone.............

ESTEE

• Aztec
    Aztec

Ballistic, I resisted having a cell phone for quite a while. I only recently got one because of my job. To me cell phones were the epitome of our instant gratification society. When my car broke down in the middle of nowhere I was kind of glad I had one though.

I wouldn't be surprised that people are text messaging eachother during assemblies. It's just the up to date way of passing notes to quell the sheer boredom.

~Aztec

• D8TA
    D8TA

End of article:

If you decide to own a mobile phone, be determined to control it and not let it control you. Clearly, you need to stay alert and keep your priorities in order. The Bible encourages us: "Let your reasonableness become known to all men." (Philippians 4:5) If you decide to have a mobile phone, by all means resolve to show your reasonableness in the way you use it.

Let's modify, shall we?

If you decide to own people, be determined to control them and not let them control you. Clearly, you need to stay alert and keep your lies in order. The Governing Body encourages us: "Let your tyranny become known to all men (but not women, because they aren't regular people like us)." (SomeSillyScripture we (ab)used to fit our reasoning) If you decide to have slaves, by all means resolve to show your tyranny in the way you abuse them.

• SYN
    SYN

Well said, D8TA.

Gadget, you are evil, but funny at the same time!

Honestly, I don't know how I'd live without my cell. It's like it's become a part of my body. My social life would resemble the Sahara desert without it - I haven't lived in a house with an actual landline phone for nearly 3 years now!

• Hamas
  • lurk
    lurk

its possible that satan will invade our minds using the radio waves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit