The Art of Gratefulness

by Sea Breeze 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

I have suffered from PTSD since my teen years because:

1. Of all the fear mongering of the WT

2. False Armageddon prophecies of the WT

3. Shunning by my family of origin for not keeping my mouth shut and not worshipping their dungy Idol.

I am grateful that I have been 100% alcohol free for 5 months now and can finally face the reality of it all with a small group of other men.

I am grateful for a new puppy I got for my 12 year old son the other day. I had a very special dog when I was about his age. She was purposefully poisoned by a mean neighbor and she literally convulsed and died in my arms. She was a very pretty mix-breed of Collie, Sheherd & either Chow or Terrier. Totally red with a spash of white on the chest. Smart as a whip.

This new puppy is about a 98% match in looks and personality. Really wonderfully weird how close they are. A college girl found her lost and took her in. The dad ended up with her because the daughter couldn't keep her where she lived. She is 5 months old. I am very grateful that after 40 years, it is almost like "Foxy" has come home.

My son named her "Roxy".

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SEA BREEZE:

I am grateful for many things. I’m especially grateful for the little things in life. I’m grateful for my necessities and sufficient food and a few luxuries.

I’m glad I resisted criticism by JWs and held onto my job and made it to my retirement. I’m glad I ‘faded’ from the JW religion years ago. I’m glad I reconnected with my non-JW family members and relatives before it was too late.

I am glad I’m free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit