Vanderhoven7

Apostacy 😋Apostasy

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Nice article.

Thanks for sharing!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Thanks Vandy. It's got the trailer, which I hadn't seen. Look forward to seeing the film.

It's interesting Daniel (director of Apostasy)calls "The Children Act" an outsiders film. The book was certainly written from the point of view of the Judge, but I have to say I only found one small thing that wasn't a correct portrayal of the Witnesses in Ian McEwans book.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

That was a good read. He took great care and time to portray the characters as human - just caught up in a religion.

I looked in the comments and found this hilarious quote “In a cult there is a person at the top who knows it’s a scam. In religion that person is dead”.

• gavindlt
    gavindlt

Im watching the movie apostasy and its heart wrenching!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

We went to the Cinema to watch it when it first came out, I thought it was well very done, but what surprised me was the rest of the audience got really involved ! when some really silly J.W stuff was said they laughed loudly, but when the Elders did their bit and shunning was shown in action, there were distinctly heard remarks of "disgusting" from the audience !

Now this was in a posh arty Cinema in the South of England, where the audience is usually very restrained !

I would say the Director achieves a lot with this Movie !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit