conventions...

by zeb 12 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

ah yes the convention is approaching. wife is squirreled away with her wt books, her laptop and the tablet thing ..even at meals.

Conversation is a word or two and not often. Spoken to.. doesn't answer.

and on return it will be grumps on for at least a week.

anyone else know this phenomenon?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

My ex is over the top "happy". Almost as if she's trying to convince me that she's "happy" and "really looking forward to the convention" even though i never asked her. It's obvious to me that she'd rather stay at home or go shopping or do something fun instead of having to attend the three day waste of time called The Convention.

• sir82
    sir82

LOL.

Want to get a deer-in-the-headlights look?

Three days after she returns, ask her what talk she enjoyed the most. Ask her for the 3 most significant points from that talk.

I'll give you 100 to 1 she'll waffle, murmur, and try to talk about the "Wife of Lot" video - but won't remember so much as one talk title, nor even one point made in any of the talks.

Weeks of anticipation, countless Facebook posts about how this was the "best convention ever" - and within 3 days, it will be as if she never attended at all.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Spot on sir82!

Becuase it is NEVER about the actual content of the convention, but it's about the FEELINGS and Emotions of attending....

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

This is me at the last convention i ever attended back in 2014. As you can see i look absolutely thrilled, invigorated and so full of joy to be surrounded by "gods people".

• steve2
    steve2

Pale.emperor, we'll knock me down with a feather. - I didn't realise you were a tiny child! Who's the nice man holding you?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

the convention is approaching. wife is squirreled away with her wt books, her laptop and the tablet thing ..even at meals.

Conversation is a word or two and not often. Spoken to.. doesn't answer.

and on return it will be grumps on for at least a week.

1)..It will be the Best Assembly Ever.

2)..JW`s are the Happiest People on Earth.

3)..Then there's you.

You Refuse To Be Delusional...

Image result for get with the program

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Becuase it is NEVER about the actual content of the convention, but it's about the FEELINGS and Emotions of attending.

Yup, and also getting dressed up and parading around in a new dress or tie. Catching up with people that you only see at conventions. It's also a chance get out of the house, take a drive, go to a different town.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    Three days after she returns, ask her what talk she enjoyed the most. Ask her for the 3 most significant points from that talk.

Reminds of a talk a brother gave decades ago and he started off with the line from the potato chip commercial "betcha can't eat just one". So that evening at dinner when my friends dad used to ask them what the was talk about, her little brother said potato chips.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

In RC accounts, to emphasize the seriousness of doing everything right, were told that the conventions, more than any other source, was where the Society collected most of their funds,

:0)

$$$$

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit