What is the basis for advising “Don’t pursue higher studies”?

by venus 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chook
    Chook

Kimmy of North Korea uses same techniques, its tried and proven. That's why the death of JWs can be agonising, when the old brothers who thought they would never have children grow old , have no housing, no outside support, they are stuck between a rock and a hard place. It's sad.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi LongHairGal,

As you say they preach poverty to others but they don't take the same advice...My time with the witnesses just show me they are kids dressed up in adult clothing....always whinning...

If you are the type of person who lives off little or nothing monthly, they love it...but will they simplify their life...no way...

I think the general opinion here is witnesses say one thing and do another....

Also, many of the sisters are starting to say they aren't listening to the brothers no more. I think they are beginning to see they don't know what they are doing...2 sisters told me they ain't telling the brothers nothing...

Wonder if that'll be a trend....

Do you think the org. is slowing leaking to be exposed ?

Tor

• Berengaria
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TOR:

Yes, the hypocrisy is staggering. But, people's lives are being damaged in the process.

I paid the price though for hanging onto my full-time job. I was considered "not spiritual" and not invited much. But, that has NO meaning now that I'm retired. And all those who pioneered and were "so spiritual", well I hope they can pay their bills. If not, they'll have to ask their "spiritual" friends for money.

You know sisters that won't tell the brothers anything? I came to that conclusion many years back. I kept them at a distance because they overstepped their boundaries. I wasn't going to have some idiot telling me MY business. You know what I noticed? No intelligent person there went blabbing their business.

I can only hope that this religion is exposed more and more for the damaging thing it is.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

It's sad to see so many so poor. I have a friend that does auto mechanical work and has several sisters and even a brother or two need work done on thier cars and couldn't pay for it. Thier desperate but put a good face at the meetings so most don't know.

My father, father in law and mother in law who was divorced from her husband all died destitute. Two didn't even have a home and relied on others for housing.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

An interesting point to note is that all of the GB members do not need higher education themselves for they are well looked after financially , they can travel around the world, don't have to pay for their own food, clothing, shelter, cars, health insurance etc. why ?

.......because its all paid for them by the WTS. $$$

So its really a matter of self servitude to themselves to demean higher education at the apathetic plight or cost to the rest of the organization's devoted followers .

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

They don't want smart followers. You know why!

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit