Shepherding Visit Riposte

by Nicholaus Kopernicus 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

If an Elder approaches you and wants to arrange a shepherding call one possible response is....

"Well thankyou Brother, but Jehovah is my shepherd. I shall lack nothing. (Ps 23:1) But thanks again anyway".

• steve2
    steve2

Delicious!

• Late Bloomer
    Late Bloomer

"You are rejecting Jehovah's theocratic order." That's what they'd say.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Remember, the only power they have over you is that which you allow.....

• Chook
    Chook

This sheep ain't lost. Ask can they lend you fifty bucks.

• Divergent
    Divergent

What do shepherds ultimately do with the sheep they shepherd? ;)

• bittersweet2K
    bittersweet2K

Nicholaus: Sheer genius response.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is a shepherding call? Is it where they just want to check up on you or does it mean they've noticed you need to be counseled in a certain area?

Just how free are people to counsel others without a request from others for that counsel?

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

Cold Steel:

A shepherding visit is usually two elders (can also be one elder and a MS) visit at the home address. It is claimed in the literature to be for the purpose of "imparting a spiritual gift"! The reality is far removed from that purpose however. Many elders say they merely want to offer encouragement! Neither of these rationale for such a visit withstands scrutiny however.

In my congregation, none of the elders are encouraging when behind the lectern. The literature published is not encouraging. Thus, my assessment in terms of elders wanting to impart a spiritual gift to me or wanting to encourage me is that they are simply NOT CAPACITOUS!

The real purpose is to correct, or control or both. I have known a significant number to become conscious of the falsehood of "the truth" as a result of these "shepherds'" malign visits mind you! I view them (locally anyway) as pure brutes and best avoided.

• Half banana
    Half banana

"Imparting spiritual gifts" translates: beat the wayward into line.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit