Tonights mid week meeting study 7 " Accurate and convincing"

by benny 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• benny
    benny

The video at he mid week meeting tonight shows a video on how teaching must be based on hard researched fact and that we are encouraged to look at watchtower literature to get up to speed on a subject.

Here is the link to it https://www.jw.org/en/publications/videos/reading-teaching-videos/accurate-and-convincing-video/

I find this quite disturbing when you look at the Feb 2017 Watchtower which explains the governing body errs in their understanding of subjects yet they claim to be God's channel of communication to his people.

What are the thoughts on this?. I know there are other topics on new light etc..

• benny
  • iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Hard facts = What we printed in the WT last.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

'12 The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction. '

But they have the audacity to claim in that article to be guided by holy spirit and helped by angels.

What an arrogant claim for anyone! Can't they get it right with all that help ?!

How can they talk about hard facts unless they get the holy spirit-guided words every time. Is the creator of the universe incapable of getting the facts accross to them?

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

These words should have been in the video to make the matter clear:

"Our mission is to destroy confidence any may put in the words of the Bible. Please work with us on this by only studying and quoting from the Watchtower. Thank you for your cooperation."

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

the governing body can make mistakes ? i wonder what this is softening the dubs up for ?

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi Stan

I think it'll be, "you know we said Jesus became invisibly present in 1914, woops sorry, we meant Satan. But then he always was the invisible ruler, but he'd lost his mind for a bit like Nebuchadnezzar, then at the end of 7 times, in 1914 his senses returned to him. Hence World War I. Aren't we happyfied we now understand this. Therefore, will now rename this man-trap of an organisation, cause the light just got even dimmer and no one can challenge us."

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Had a discussion yesterday with an inactive JW friend who makes no effort to live the JW lifestyle (lives with a woman, drinks like a fish) but is the "poster child" for a POMI. He defends the religion and the Blundering Body to the very end.

I bring up 1914, 1925, 1941, 1975, 2000 and all he says they learned not to set dates from that. They no longer set a date. (So see, they are right after all! WTF??) So I quote Deut 18:20 -- False Prophets. No, they are just men who humbly have admitted when they make mistakes (unless the Catholic Church). "They are right on everything else!"

Absolutely totally blinded! He was a deep thinker before burning out a considerable number of his brain cells and having a minor stroke due to his lifestyle. Now, I think he's just hoping he dies before Armageddon as he convinced he will be resurrected. None of the "sins" he's involved in now will count against him.

• SadElder
    SadElder

The Tower has always quoted itself as the authority on a subject..... The blah..blah..blah issue of the Watchtower said such and such. As if that makes what they want to say in the current issue correct on whatever blather they want to prove at the time. Evidently this likely makes the Truth the truth at the time written. Surely no one would think otherwise.

• meh098
    meh098

It is absolutely very much important to maintain the quality of the service one delivers. When it comes to teaching it becomes vital rather than just being important because here we are grooming someone and without knowing the facts ourself how can we deliver it to anyone. This somewhere disheartens as well. Things in the contemporary world are changing very much rapidly due to technology advancements and with such great tools available it becomes very important to enhance our knowledge via intense research and do teaching with only when we ouselves have done intense research over the topic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit