My Personal Story

by Disheartened 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Welcome Disheartened! Congrats on going to school and following your dreams!

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Disheartened,

Welcome, and thank you for sharing your story.

It takes a secure and strong person to take the route that you have taken. It’s frustrating trying to accommodate the elder’s wishes and try to ‘tow the company line’, only to have more of your ‘faults’ brought out. You gave it a go, and yet you could never fully please them. Typical ‘you must do more’ attitude.

I am coming to the conclusion that people who are freethinking, confident and have something to offer the ‘world’ scare the weak men running the WTS.

And the women of the organization who fall in line for these little men’s approval are just as weak themselves. It’s an organization of weak people trying to fill their egos or to gain acceptance from others because they can’t accept themselves.

At first I thought you might be someone I know because your story is so familiar. But, wrong state.

I’ve a couple of female friends in the borg who were given the same treatment. They are intelligent, charismatic, pretty, and have a lot to offer. And it scared the weak men, and their weak [and usually no where near as fetching] wives. The congregation men looked for the smallest of faults [‘trendy dress’, comments, etc] and then pecked away at them to bring them into submission.

I had one elder complain to some in field service that my friend should be commenting at the WT because she was a Reg Pio. Hey, it scared her; she was faithfully Reg Pio’ing when no one else in her family was, give her a break! It hurt her so bad that this elder, one who she considered a good friend, couldn’t try encouraging her face to face, but rather had to talk to everyone else behind her back questioning her spirituality. She cried when she found out what this elder had said about her.

Like I said, weak men.

You’re in the right place. Be ‘Heartened’ that you can let your true-self shine here.

Winston.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

First Disheartened WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME. I am aso glad that you could see through the BS and go to school. How they treat women is the main reason why I left the JW's. I have three daughters and I was not going to allow anyone religion or "brothers" to tell them what to wear, what to think, how to act etc, just because of their gender. Their dad is still the PO of a local KH here. They now see the religion for what it is...they all believe it is a cult. Glad to have you and keep coming back.

Leslie

• freedom96
    freedom96

Welcome, and thanks for sharing your story.

I was especially amused at your comments regarding those answering the questions at the meetings. So funny, no matter where you go, the same stupid comments. "As the paragraph says..." LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit