Help folks, class reunion 50 years

by James Mixon 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

For the last few days I have reviewing my class photos. What can you say when someone

come up to you and said you don't remember me, do you. At a funeral two years ago a

young lady came up to me and said , you don't remember me. We went together in HS and I

took her to my prom. She look so young and still beautiful.

What can you say, it's so embarrassing. I thought of saying,it's been over 50 years and my mind

is not that sharp anymore.

Also there is a nutcase JW in my class, I hope she show up. LOL

My graduation class over 900..

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss
    how bout--I'm sorry I forgot my glasses
  • blondie
    blondie

I have avoided my reunions, too clichey and still thinking status was so important.

I went with my husband to his last 2 and sat with the other spouses of the post graduates who ignored us. After 3 renuions we know each other fairly well.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Brainfloss; That's a good one, I might use that.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon
    blondie: this is my first since graduating and so many I haven't seen since 1965.
  • blondie
    blondie
    Me neither, not since 1970 to my own, 45 this year, 45 years of not going. Missed nothing
  • just fine
    just fine

Go - have fun, don't worry about it, other people are in the same boat. The last one I went to they gave us name tags - so it was easy!

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

It was my 50th class reunion two months ago, about 70 students small mountian town northern Calif. Somewhat akward as I was the draft dogger [a felon for failing to report for community service in lieu of military induction] as there were about 8 students killed in Viet Nam and a bunch of the guys who were veterans. Sat with the gun totting son of the draft board member who fowarded my case to the Federal Court, we conversed ok. Had a interesting conversation with one who married a JW and his being not real welcomed by her family and circle of friends even though he is a educated pharacist. The 'jocks' had the fatest bodies, the girls didn't age well. I had one of the better preserved bodies so that helped. One JW in the crowd who knew I was 'apostate' wanted to encourage to return to what I know to be true. So I fucked a little with her mind.

The school and the times were a good place for a kid to grow up. I would like to do it all over minus the JW mental bondage. A boy could fish, mine gold a lot of old timers who were real men in that community.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Just fine: I hope we have name tags and pictures...

Bill: I was a jock, so a lot of people knew me. It sadden me to think that

my oldest son missed out on the joy of HS because he was JW, but my youngest

son was able to have that experience. So stupid of me I wasn't a JW in HS and

enjoyed every year of it. So what did I do, denied those unforgettable years for my son.

I hate that cult.

The wife ask, should we wear our pajamas. The event starts at 8pm-11...

Hell we are in bed around 8 pm...

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

Yes being a JW robbed me and many others of a very precious time of life. All school activities were not allowed.

There deffinatly was a need for name tags. It will take you down memory lane as there was a innocencies of that time period at least in a small mountian town. You will come away with a reflective prospective.

Yes I too hate that cult and hope to do something about it.

So one baby boomer to another Shalom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit