Did Your Taste In Music Change After You Woke Up?

by pale.emperor 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• flipper
    flipper

I've always collected music since I was about 12 years old, even being raised up as a JW

As I got older and exited the cult I expanded my tastes into many different blues artists other than just straight rock n roll. I love a wide variety of music from rock, reggae, blues, folk / rock , some jazz, and some heavy metal & alternative.

I'm a huge fan of these artists : Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Bob Marley, Neil Young, Jethro Tull, Donovan, Tom Petty, David Bowie, Rolling Stones , Jimi Hendrix, J.J. Cale , Moody Blues, all the old bluesmen : Muddy Waters, Howlin Wolf, John Lee Hooker, Buddy Guy . The list goes on and on.

I've liked many of these rock groups since I was a kid, but have expanded my interests into the blues since exiting the cult over 15 years ago. Music is a healer and I will continue to listen to other artists and play and create music myself for the rest of my life. Ain't no cult gonna ever stop me from doing that anymore. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Whynot
    Whynot

Not at all. I always got criticized for my music when some jdubs didn't like it lol. But I didn't care. I learned to be careful with who I shared my music with.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I like a variety of music and I haven't changed what I like but I have expanded it. Classical, old 20 -50's oldies, Moody Blues, and bits and pieces of rock bands, beatles etc.

I didn't use to like rap but since I listen to Korean pop and rap, I like it. At least in their style. More melodic and better content.

Very little Jazz.

I never got into scream rock.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit