Another Gem of a conversation with my PIMI Dad

by joe134cd 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    I told him that even if the WT lost all of its assets, including kingdom halls and assemblies, this would not translate to the end of the religion. The members would still be able to connect (through teams, in parcs, in community centers, etc), share their beliefs and live their faith. With time, they would be able to start new, build new halls, new bethels and go on.

When I was a Witness I thought the same thing in regards to the belief that at some point governments would turn on religion. It didn't make sense that only Christendom and other religions would have their assets seized and not the Watchtower. This would prove that the Watchtower is not the religion, Jehovah's Witnesses are.

Now, I see that just can't be. Witnesses are lead to believe that any information that has a source outside of printed material from the Watchtower, JW.org website, or JW Broadcasting is not to be trusted. Therefor, the Watchtower is the modern day Golden Calf of El.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Well Satan is in control of this world,

How does that coincide with what Romans ch.13 say about the superiour authorities of this world and how this is God`s arrangement and to take a stand against this arrangement is to take a stance against God.?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit