Armageddon Aftermath

by Vanderhoven7 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• GodBeliever
    GodBeliever

Waton

Humanitarian deeds I agree. However:

For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes. For not even the Father judges anyone, but He has given all judgment to the Son, so that all will honor the Son just as they honor the Father. The one who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him. “Truly, truly, I say to you, the one who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 5:21‭-‬24 NASB

And He summoned the crowd together with His disciples, and said to them, “If anyone wants to come after Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it.

Mark 8:34‭-‬35 NASB

But He said, “On the contrary, blessed are those who hear the word of God and follow it.”

Luke 11:28

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Ephesians 2:8‭-‬9 NASB

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:16 NASB2020

that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in Him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; for “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Romans 10:9‭-‬13 NASB

And it can be added a lot more to this list.

• waton
    waton
    And it can be added a lot more to this list.

GB: including that our modern day experience with acute detection devices is totally void of any of the features of the bible, aka "talking snake story".

If a possible creator would want to prove his identity: now is the time to produce extraordinary effects***. Miracles, not just stories.

paper is patient. i pads too.

*** not that the universe, life, consciousness are not truly extraordinary realities. with credit where credit is due.

• hoser
    hoser

Tiny minded people need others devotion to them. They need to feel relevant so they create a problem and provide the solution. It’s like the car companies. Create a problem by designing a car that lasts just long enough until the warranty expires then provide the solution with selling a new car but convincing you to purchase extended warranty as it will cost a lot to fix if it breaks down.

Religion, business, social caste systems are all the same. They are meant to keep you in fear and in a lower position to take your resources and give them to non productive people at the top of the heap.

Tight pants Tony creates a problem and instills fear. You are going to roast like a hot dog at Armageddon. No one wants to roast alive until you are dead. I wouldn’t think that it’s a fun way to go. Then he provides the solution. This calamity won’t befall you if you only purchase the warranty with your time. Attend the meetings, donate your money and recruit new followers so they can do the same. That is the only way you will avoid being a hot dog. While you are squandering your time they are sitting in high end office chairs drinking high end liquor and flying first class.

How many vehicles and warranty periods has this religion been through?

1878?, 1914, 1925, 1942?, 1975, 2000. All broken down, failed promises with warranty that when you read the fine print doesn’t pay you a dime. And tony wants you to believe him this time?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi GB,

Thank you for your response.

Do you believe the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses is the Faithful and Discreet Slave Jesus spoke of in Matthew 24?

I appreciate every scriptural reference you provided, especially the following one from Ephesians.

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8‭-‬9 NASB

Have you been saved by grace?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    A woman holding her dead baby during Armageddon

This is absolutely sick. It shows how their minds work.

The Governing Body(tm), really do love abuse of children.

I see also in the picture that a ginger woman is facing Jehovah's(tm) wrath.

The GB even hate gingers.

I see there is some hilarious trolling going on in this thread.

• GodBeliever
    GodBeliever

Vanderhoven

Salvation comes by grace!

Brothers and sisters, my heart’s desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation. For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge. For not knowing about God’s righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the Law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Romans 10:1‭-‬4 NASB2020

But now having been freed from sin and enslaved to God, you derive your benefit, resulting in sanctification, and the outcome, eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the gracious gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 6:22‭-‬23 NASB2020

When someone receives God's grace needs to speak to the others so they may have the opportunity to receive it themselves. Not everyone is comfortable with it and we will respect their choice.

As for the Governing Body it is the bible who speaks about:

“ ‘A son honors his father, and a servant his master. Then if I am a father, where is My honor? And if I am a master, where is My respect?’ says the Lord of armies to you, the priests who despise My name! But you say, ‘How have we despised Your name?’ You are presenting defiled food upon My altar. But you say, ‘How have we defiled You?’ In that you say, ‘The table of the Lord is to be despised.’ “But now, do indeed plead for God’s favor, so that He will be gracious to us. With such an offering on your part, will He receive any of you kindly?” says the Lord of armies. “If only there were one among you who would shut the gates, so that you would not kindle fire on My altar for nothing! I am not pleased with you,” says the Lord of armies, “nor will I accept an offering from your hand.

Malachi 1:6‭-‬7‭, ‬9‭-‬10

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HOSER:

Good thought. That is a good fictitious description of the mindset behind how the whole thing would presumably work! All based on Fear, of course, because JW is a Fear-based religion.

Someone would ‘purchase’ the so-called warranty with their lifetime, meetings, $, recruiting new people to do the same thing, etc. and ‘maybe’ they can avoid that terrible fate and get ‘everlasting life in a new system’. The problem is (as you pointed out) there were so many past warranty periods the religion went through. Many people are dead and gone. But, yet the religion wants desperately to hang on to that ‘devotion’! They never really got any from me though.

PUNK OF NICE:

Yes, I can see there are some true believers on the forum.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi GB,

Thank you for your response, but you answered neither of my questions.

1. Do you believe the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses is the Faithful and Discreet Slave Jesus spoke of in Matthew 24? A simple "yes" or "no" will do.

Paul informed the Ephesians that they had been saved by grace. Ephesians 2:8‭-‬9

2. Have you been saved by grace? Again, a simple "yes" or "no" will do.

• titch
    titch
    end

All of this thread reminds me of something that a Congregation Overseer (a Presiding Overseer, at one time) said at a Book Study, that he visited. He expressed the idea that at Armageddon, god would use "anti-matter" to destroy the wicked that would have to be destroyed. The thought is that "anti-matter", when it comes into contact with "matter"---well, they destroy each other. Poof! Both are gone. At that time, I thought, Well, if god will use anti-matter to destroy matter---physical human beings---then why would billions of human carcasses be strewn from one end of the Earth to the other end? Wouldn't all of that be taken care of by the "anti-matter/matter" situation? Oh, well...just my thoughts. Best Regards.....Titch.

• GodBeliever
    GodBeliever

Hi Vanderhoven,

First question: they haven't been the Faithful and Discreet Slave for a long time now. If I say they have never been would be pointless for me to say that I am Jehovah Witness. I can also mention that most protestant denominations have enjoyed God's favour when they departed from "The woman whom you saw is the great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.” from Revelation 17. I am not sure whether they still are in that position.

Second question: Yes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit