To Elder: We have been lied too all of my JW life stop telling me to go out in service!!!

by Olivia Wilde 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• Olivia Wilde
    Olivia Wilde

I've always maintained a huge sense of Justice, when presented with facts and truth I don't tolerate hypocrisy and "fake" my path in life. I relate to Nancy Grace from HLN, seeking justice and truth. Many friends tell me I would be a great lawyer for my candor and directness, I don't think soo because I honestly do not like confrontation. When I know something is false I just abandon it and continue my journey I never try to convince anyone but will explain my position in things once confronted or asked.

Since being awaken from this "myth of a fantasy" in JW land so when asked by an elder "it would be nice to see you out in the ministry" I wanted to tell him exactly what I thought "I see no purpose in recruiting people into this religion. I don't feel comfortable promoting a brand JW.ORG and We are being deceived, lied too and have wasted many years of our lives in an organization who after not having any need for you any longer wouldn't hesitate to will spit you out like dirt".

But I caught myself and with my blood boiling inside I told him "thank you for your concern, I will pray about it" and thought many who went thru this (hearing the JC recordings available) and they all been treated with no regard to them as human beings when in fact having legitimate concerns, I admire your courage for going thru that... hearing your experiences show how no matter how well you present your doubts and facts before the elders, you were still "spiritually stone" & excommunicated and lost your family in JW. In all the experiences I've read and heard not one elder when presented with facts and copies of old watchtowers of the same things we discovered dared to acknowledge the doubts are legitimate and or they themselves a pursuer of justice and truth.

I wonder anyone on this forum who was an elder ever sat thru an "apostasy" JC meeting and caused you any doubts or thought of the information presented by a person who you were about to DF?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I didnt go through to my jc trial. But here is what's interesting and actually pissed me off is at my house the last time the two elders we're there I brought out a point. The cobe stopped me about teaching him something and then stopped the meeting and said something to the effect of now going to have a JC. I was taken back didnt no how to respond. Anyway later I found an article in a wt stating exactly what I was supposedly trying to teach the brothers. I would have liked to have gone insisted on other elders being there and shoved the artichle down their throats.

The reality is after going through this and my doubting faze talking with elders is their really stupid. The title goes to their heads even if it's not about being arogent they still believe holy spirit is guiding them picket them whatever. In the end the title makes them just yes men and they seam to like the title more then anything else.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Oh and one last thing at this meeting I pretty much brought out that we had miss lead our neighbors with all the crap we used to say and then shared the Scripture in Proverbs where we are not supposed to make God out as a liar. I wished I would have video and audio taped that meeting.
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    I had an experience once as an elder, not precisely as you inquire about but pretty close in another sort of way. I was asked to be the lead local elder helping a young JW couple deal with a terrible medical condition faced by their child. It was understood the couple would face the blood issue, and the whole body of elders wanted me to be the local elder helping them work with the liaison committee. Not one other elder would volunteer to work with me, if I accepted the role. Not even one. So I accepted the assignment and then I informed the whole body of elders at one time that under no circumstances would I pressure this couple to let their child die rather than yield to blood transfusion. They all looked at me like a ghost walked over their collective grave. I asked if anyone had a problem with that. No one said a word. Not a single word.
  • Joyzabel
    Joyzabel
    Good for you Marvin Shilmar! Where is that couple now? Still in? or did you help them wake up?
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    F*ck Marvin, that's heavy and their response was very telling!!!! Bunch of spineless pussys!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit