my jw dad cryed to me about closing his crong

by JunkYardDog 11 Replies latest jw friends

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog
    i live in Nyc AND DAD JW CALLED ME CRYING ABOUT a hall that has about 500 jws going down to 2 congs
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

In the area I live in there was a brother "lobbying" for the three congs to become one a couple years back.

The amount of butthurt that ensued over the mere suggestion of consolidating three congregations that averaged 40-50 attendance figures for mid week meetings shocked to me honest.

When you think of all the actual tragedies in the world, WT selling off a few halls doesn't even rate a mention.

He's sad now but you can assure him it will pass.

• steve2
    steve2

Did he say why they are going down to 2 congregations? Have numbers attending dropped?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i thought--for a moment--his "crong" was some sort of kinky underwear.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    a hall that has about 500 jws going down to 2 congs

500 or 50 ?

• pontoon
    pontoon

Is it because bethelites are leaving NYC with the big Brooklyn sell off??

• steve2
    steve2

I don't want to make assumptions, so I'll check first: were they tears of sadness or joy?

• Hecce
    Hecce

He will get over, in the cases where I have seen mergers people are eventually assimilated.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Shouldn't they be happy? That's what they claim it's supposed to have when there are no people left to preach to. Never mind, they are full of --it and it shows.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Ummmm........no such thing as 500 members in a crong.(congregation AKA Kingdom Hall).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit