Russell Family Tree

by ILoveTTATT2 10 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Unfortunately I had to zoom out to put all of the family tree in one picture.

Russell had 2 full brothers, 2 full sisters, and a half-sister. It's interesting that Margaret went on to be a JW (i.e. stayed with the Watchtower organization), whereas Mabel, his half-sister, went on to stay with the Bible Students.

It would be very interesting to find the descendants of both Margaret and Mabel... wondering how many still are Bible Students / JW's...

In Schulz and Vienne's blog, it's interesting to see that so many deaths in Russell's family led him to know the Allegenhy cemetery well.

Look at the pictures and look at how the cemetery influenced Russell:

http://truthhistory.blogspot.mx/2015/07/a-familiar-image.html

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Also interesting that Mabel, his half-sister, was also his niece.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

Thanks for sharing your research. It's inte eating to Knw there is so much information out there. I wonder if any of his relatives are currently either bible students, Jws, or members of other splinter groups.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

It's funny that he wrote so much and is credited for founding the religion, but wt writes so little about him as a person, and almost nothing about his family.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

It's hard to even think of him as a human that had parents, siblings, a wife, nieces and nephews....

• Listener
    Listener

That's an interesting link that. It looks like the Watchtower an masthead were influenced by his families gravesite grounds, therefore giving honour to the dead. The plot thickens so to speak.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The roots of the Watchtower's corruption can be found with C T Russell.

He was a novice bible scholar, a charlatan/businessman who wasn't particularly well educated but gathered information from different sources that he thought could be published and sell.

A freewheeling opportunist who actually put a lot of his personal financial assets to the WTS just to keep it all in his hands and control away from his divorced wife Maria.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I think that the GB members would rather like their members to think of C.T.Russell like Melchizedek Heb.7:1-3

What other organization is ashamed / embarrassed about it`s past and early history that they need to re-write it before its even a hundred years old.

Why are they so keen to playdown their past.

Their publication "Jehovah`s Witnesses in the Divine Purpose" was a whitewash of their past history and probably gone the way of the DODO now.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The over evaluative question remains, was Russell a faithful obedient loyal servant to Jehovah and his son Jesus Christ or was he faithfully loyal to the publishing house he built around himself, which was involved in a tainted commercialized preaching of the Gospel or crass charlatanism ?

In the early 1900's the WTS was involved in street cart witnessing too but much more in a grander way.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I think Russell's success was his writing ability. Maybe he didn't have much of an education, but he could write and write clearly in a way that made sense to people. It was all BS, but it read well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit