Did you feel contempt for Non Witnesses

by Steel 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Steel
    Steel

The other day I went to this farm owned by this JW lady with my wife being a JW and my mother being a non witness. Later taking to my mother she noticed this vibe like this JW lady really hated her. She just had these little slags like when we tried to pay for the fruit we picked , she looked directly at my wife and said " Don't worry about it, I only charge wordly people ".

I also have this Aunt who is a JW we are estranged from. She was married to my Uncle who passed from cancer years ago. When he got sick we said some things to her about him getting rest and not eating quick and processed foods. Of course she took that as we were opposers since they were both pioneers. Never had the time to cook a healthy or proper meal. I often wonder how many active JWs actually go to family reunions.

Do these people realize when they are trying to convert people that people do pick up on the " we hate you vibe ", or am i seeing something that isn't there.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

You are not wrong, and it isn't just you. Something I am noticing though that the hate you are seeing/talking about is much worse now than it was when I was an active JW. I'm just wondering how much longer it will be before the rank and file take things in their own hands towards their disdain towards people who are not JWs.

• onestepatatine
    onestepatatine

I never really did. But one time I was walking thorough a grocery store and had on camo from hunting. It was army surplus so it was a M65 jacket. Must have looked like it was ex military. A couple walked by and scoffed at me like I was a pedophile. I did not get it until I went to ring up and an elder I knew said Hey I want you to meet this new brother and sister from the hall that just moved in. It was the couple who did the nose turn up and scoff. It was then I thought man witnesses can be such asses.

• Giordano
    Giordano

The JW's have always been a tribe.......... they called themselves "the friends" international bible students who had a particular fondness for Russell this 'friends' thingy started back in Russell's day. He depended on 'the friends' for lodging, food and providing a speaking hall. Those that bought into his ideas helped out when he was on the road.

They provided the transition that allowed the Society to become a religion or one might say a tribe. Of course it took to 1940 to formalize the religion. Rutherford screwed up everything........ what a tool..

The friends were continued to be called by that name and it is still used. The meaning is similar to how the Mafia greets some people.

From the movie Donny Brisco....... A 'made man' tells his new recruit. "If I tell them 'your a friend' they know your not a member. If I tell them your our friend they know your a member."

Hatred is a part of those JWs who came to maturity in the 1950's. Held strong in the 1960's, fought for 1975 then in 1980 they changed gears and showed their real hatred for those who DA and dropped out....... the friends held strong to that name .....they saw the real 'truth' and they were assured they had a relationship with Jehovah, funny not so much with Jesus, but it gets crowded when your tribe has versions of the truth.

Being a part of the only true religion can be a burden.

Well there is one thing we can understand with JW tribalism is that hating........ is their pathway to everlasting life.

• Steel
    Steel
    I have always found it odd how little contact they have with Non jw non immediate family. For years we have always invited my aunt , uncle and cousins to every wedding, funeral , family reunion ......even before we had a falling out.
    Nothing, nada, zero. Not even a reply.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Practicing JWs are trained by the WTS heads to demean and disrespect ex-jws members.

Its a way of showing loyalty to Jehovah and his chosen earthly organization.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

The "world" has been dehumanized by JW's that's why they are able to accept and look forward to the destruction, of it.

• Steel
    Steel

So what camp does everyone fall into to ?

a. Raised by Uber zeolites, didn’t know much or anything about the non witness family, if there even was any.

b. Converted to the cult. Turned back or slowly grew apart with non witness family.

c. Lived a peaceful and respectful existence with non witness family.

My wife is kind of weird. She is quite close with cousin who is with her husband is a Methodist minister team. They just don’t talk religion.

One day her Uber friend came with her and once in the house of her cousin she pulled out some watchtowers . Her cousin was kind of pissed off about it . When the Uber left she remarked to my wife how rude she thought her cousin was. FFS

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STEEL:

No, I never felt contempt for non-Witnesses but I sensed that some JWs did.

If these people could have an attitude towards ME in the congregation because I worked full time..they could certainly feel contempt towards people in the ‘world’. What makes me laugh is that Witnesses don’t ‘get’ it that people do not care what they think. I was not raised a JW and felt they were deluded in their feelings of self-importance or even relevance.

I remember being puzzled that some judgmental or shabby person there thought it meant ‘something’ that they didn’t approve of me..I wasn’t invited to special gatherings because I worked full time.. Their dislike meant absolutely nothing then and means even less now that I am Retired.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

No, I never felt contempt for non-Witnesses either. Just the opposite, I only became a Witness because I cared about others. Watchtower is a con trick, a man trap for Christians. I joined because I was lied to about this network of people and there were some genuine Christians in the congregation I joined (now dead, left or leaving).

Occasionally I was in the company of another who was NOT a Watchtower publishers who had outstanding, kind resistance to their tactics. Some Watchtower publishers did exude this unspoken hatred for the person. Tone of voice, looks of distain, coolness. They gave off a sense of 'how dare you be here' even if that person was in their own home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit