Intro

by Exjwme 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Exjwme
    Exjwme

Hi everyone,

you can all call me Jess, I guess you can say I'm a "refugee" from JWR. I'm going to try and keep this short for now, I'm in my early 20s, I was born in but never baptized, I've been mentally out for 7 years and fully out for about 5ish. Despite never having been baptized my fading took quite a bit of time and work. I suffered many hardships under my crazy and I do mean crazy JW mother including but not limited too many forms of abuse. I was diagnosed in my early teens with chronic depression and mild anxiety disorder. I now work with you adults who also are working on coping with mental disorders. Please feel free to ask me anything!

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Welcome!

• dothemath
    dothemath

Hello and welcome! I enjoyed reading posts at JWR occasionally but mostly drop in here.

Always great to hear others experiences!

• scary21
    scary21

Welcome, I'm sure you will love it here too.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Welcome to the board. If you have controlled your depression, what would you say was the catalyst for that change.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Welcome. Similar story with depression and anxiety in adolescence, and finally diagnosed with bipolar disorder in adulthood.

The JWs were not the religion for me!

• Angharad
    Angharad

Welcome to the forum !

• Exjwme
    Exjwme

Problemaddic: I hate to say that I relied on one person for my recovery but meeting my boyfriend was such a huge help for me. At the time I was struggling with depression, I was suicidal, I was leaving the WT and I was escaping my mother and I was in such a low place. But he really saw the best in me and he showed me that there was happy life outside of WT. once I was able to realize that, the world changed!

I learned healthy coping mechanisms, which for me was the arts, and I learned to start confronting the brainwashing. It was all about realizing there was life outside the WT I think once I realized I could be happy it all changed!

• jaydee
    jaydee

Hi...nice to meet ya

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2Wr3XydtMLYj2MWLA_-VjzFX6mwbLhbUpP6YzZaZoZmpX_AExPw

thanks for commenting.
  • MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

Welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit