Joe attends Iglesia Ni Christo church service

by joe134cd 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Joe134CD---so are you also married to a Filipina ? i am.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Stan livedeath = No I am not married to a filipina.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I went back to their meeting last night. They had a slide presentation showing their phenomenal growth. Interestingly they in the presentation, they had a jw assembly hall in Spain that the INC had brought. This was to highlight how other religions were shrinking and they were growing. I think for an organisation that has much the same message and employs the same tactics, the INC for the moment is doing better than the JWS. I think part of the reason they are growing so much is immigrants taking the religion with them from the Philippines. I think the INC could perhaps be wealthier than the JWS and have more members. The problem that they have is that 90% of that membership live in one geographic location and are dirt poor. For instance if the head guy can go out and buy a $200 million Air Bus for his personal use right under his membership nose, then you are making money and have got loyalty. Just imagine if the GB pulled a similar stint.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I must admit it is pretty hard to find negative information on them on the internet e.g I had to really look for it. I think the reason been is that they havnt had the time in the west to upset enough European people. It wasn't until the 1970s that the church started to move out side the Philippines. Wt, lds have almost had a 100 year head start in the west of upsetting people. I think given enough time this will happen.

• Half banana
    Half banana

I can imagine the GB drooling in envy reading about the INC leadership buying a $200 million Airbus!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Have you got a link to statistics for the group?

They may have missed the boat in terms expanding into the west. JWs and Mormons had most of their success in pretty short windows of growth during the 1940/50s and 1970s. Most of the JWs I know came in, or their parents or grandparents came in, either soon after the Second World War, or in the lead up to 1975. (There was very little growth in the 1960s for some reason) And most of those who came in did so after moving to a new location and losing touch with family and friends. I don't think religions similar to JWs or Mormons would have the same success now as JWs did in the 1950s or 1970s.

If the INC collect tithes then I can well understand that their organisation has more money than JWs, even if their members are poor. JWs are in the pretty unique situation among religious organisations of having relied so heavily upon a source of income (publishing) that has completely dried up. In fact worse than dried up. Publishing has changed from being a tremendous source of income, to being a huge financial drain. They don't have a tradition of collecting donations and it's proving pretty difficult for them to persuade their members to begin contributing large amounts of money now.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

This is their version of childhood indoctrination:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nmYOQIidqo

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

OMG that video is scary.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I asked them about tithing. There is no compulsion to tithe, nore is it enforced. It is up to the individual, how much he gives. If that is the case then INC members would certainly put jws to shame considering that most are in a developing nation.

The windows are blanket out to minimize distractions.

I get the feeling Inc is way, way more controlling. I was told where to sit the other night. All doors are locked at start time (hence my observation about entry), so if you are late with out a good reason you won' get in. Members when they enter the facility have to turn over a card with their name on it. The names of those who havnt attended get a follow up call about why they were absent. Both of the sermons I heard were comparable to JW e.g last days, one true religion, god is blessing them with growth etc.

I do strongly believe they are growing in the west is migrants taking the religion with them. Last night I was the only European there. Interestingly the slide presentation gave the impression that it was a western religion. American accents, with Europeans been shown.

I might go back again next week as quite frankly they fascinate me. Pluse there are some pretty hot looking chicks as well. Lol

• Outahere
    Outahere

Philippines is full of those. Every town seems to have one. Of course, almost every town has a Kingdom Hall also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit