Selloff Hinted At Assembly

by thedepressedsoul 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

The last talk at the assembly made an interesting statement, "We can show faith by following direction if we're asked to move to another kingdom hall for better use of dedicated Christian funds".

This statement has everyone talking. I spoke to multiple individuals and they heard the same thing at different assembly's.

I know they have been "evaluating" all Kingdom halls the last year or two.

The big KH selloff could begin shortly.

• Hecce
    Hecce

Is going on right now.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

@hecce on a large scale?

I have also heard from reliable sources that Jersey City Assembly Hall is on the chopping block.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I heard the exact same statement at the CA I suffered through. That was in the upper mid-west. Think cowboy country. Although I was surprised by the number of people who said they didn't hear that.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

@fedupjw - Interesting, complete different location then you but also in the US. I'm taking it as they're prepping the sheepies for this. I doubt they'll put anything that hints in downsizing in print. Most likely be a few more reminders to remain loyal from the CO before it starts.

• Half banana
    Half banana

What is happening is how you would expect the decline of the Watchtower organisation to begin.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Although I was surprised by the number of people who said they didn't hear that [at the Cir Assm].

Ya gotta remember that most people are either sleeping or in a stupor while their sitting their at the indoctrination session. Or their occupied thinking about where they're going to eat as soon as the thing is over. . . . . Doc

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The Signs of the Times!

• Splash
    Splash

Seems that Dedicated Kingdom Funds are more important than Dedicated Kingdom Halls.

• blondie
    blondie

Seems like the rank and file are not being OBEDIENT enough. JW parents don't like being told they have to go to a different congregation from their grown children and grandchildren. Elders don't like be sent to a congregation where they don't have a power base.

Do I understand that congregations have no choice to send all but $5,000 in their savings to the WTS? No exactly tithing on the individual basis, but seems like it a the congregation basis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit