Oi Admin

by Landy 13 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Island Man
    Island Man

I think that's a good idea.

You click a little reply button at the bottom of a post (just left of the Like, Dislike buttons) and it copies the user's name formatted in bold with a colon, and the user's post formatted as a blockquote, to the "Have your say" box at the bottom and positions the cursor on a new line below so you can write your own reply comments. If you select a small portion of the user's post before clicking reply, then only that small portion is quoted, maybe with "..." before and after to indicate it's just a snippet.

I wish to also say that I think each post should also be bookmarked with a unique html anchor tag (you can use the user's name combined with the timeserial corresponding to the time (down to the second) of the post. That way you can also include a link in the reply post that takes you back to the source location of the quoted post that you're replying to.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Now I am totally lost Island Man.

• Island Man
    Island Man

It would also be nice if you can do a filter feature where you can filter a thread to show only the posts of persons responding to your posts - you can call it a conversation feature. You can have a label that reads: "Show conversation:" then you have a drop down box listing the user names of all posters who've posted on the thread so far together with the word "Everyone" then you have another label that says "with" then another box that again lists the names of everyone on the thread and the word "Everyone". With this setup you can then click two names from each box and see all postings on the thread that involve direct posts and replies by the two persons chosen. You can choose your name in both boxes to see only your posts. This is very helpful if you're looking at long old threads that you posted on to find your posts. Or you can choose your name and everyone to see your posts and all posts that are direct replies to your post or posts you replied to. This will make it very easy for threads where there may be a debate going between two persons and there are many other posts that they have to wade though to get to see each others replies.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Giordano: Now I am totally lost Island Man.

Don't worry, I used a few technical terms that you might not be familiar with if you're not into programming and html, but I'm sure Simon understands what I'm saying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit