Does Mr Trump have his own 'hotline' to Russia's President Putin?

by fulltimestudent 16 Replies latest jw friends

• A Ha
    A Ha

I think the other comments are that Trump would start a nuclear war with anybody who insulted him in the tiniest way on Twitter, not specifically with Russia. In fact, it seems Russia might be the only country safe from his tiny, tiny trigger finger

• A Ha
    A Ha
    I did see a report that Putin and Trump have been involved in, what shall we call it, "mutual stimulation" on Skype together.

People are saying it. I don't know if it's true, but many people are saying it.sad!

• Steel
    Steel

During one of the Clinton debates when discussing Syria , Trump made a pretty decent point about do we really know who these Syrian rebels really are? The ones the Russians are bombing.

I remember as a kid in the 80s the romantic notion of these brave warriors fighting the big bad soviets and the billions of dollars we gave them. Those guys turned into al queda and the Talib an. It's nice to see that wasn't completely lost on Trump.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    fulltimestudent - "Does Mr Trump have his own 'hotline' to Russia's President Putin?"

If he does, ten bucks says he just uses it for fart jokes and Bart-Simpson-style phone pranks.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    Steel :
    During one of the Clinton debates when discussing Syria , Trump made a pretty decent point about do we really know who these Syrian rebels really are? The ones the Russians are bombing. ... the romantic notion of these brave warriors fighting the big bad soviets and the billions of dollars we gave them. Those guys turned into al queda and the Talib an. It's nice to see that wasn't completely lost on Trump.

Steel, you're right. The whole American involvement in Afghanistan has to be seen in the USA-USSR Cold War context. A very simplified explanation could be that an elected left-wing government in Afghanistan was threatened by American subversive activity that caused the Russians to send in their army to protect that government. That's where it becomes fuzzy, western news sources starting pumping out stories of local opposition to the Russians, and certainly there was later support from the USA in the form of weapons and money.

The arming of these opposition groups could be seen as the beginning of Muslim insurgencies.

One of the current wikileaks emails has Hilary Clinton admitting that ISIS etc is being financed by Saudi Arabia and other extreme right wing Arab nations.

A complex situation!

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Looks like some really interesting changes ahead -

Australia's Sydney Morning Herald reports today:

"Mr Trump used his first interviews since winning the election to indicate that he will withdraw support for rebels in Syria and thanked Vladimir Putin for sending him a "beautiful" letter.

Mr Trump said he will instead join forces with Russia and focus on defeating Islamic State (IS). He has previously said it would be "nice" if the US and Russia could work together to "knock the hell out of" IS."
    Reference: http://www.smh.com.au/world/us-election/donald-trumpvladimir-putin-alliance-sparks-diplomatic-crisis-20161112-gso1oi.html

• zeb
    zeb

'..ah what a wicked web they weave when those about the they would deceive.'...

and I believe there was a 'hot-line' established years ago for emergency contacts between leaders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit