Another Kingdom Hall Sold (Van Buren, NY)

by Anony Mous 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

https://www.xome.com/commercial-for-sale/7758-Maple-Road-Van-Buren-NY-13027-319162381

I was just looking around, this one I've been involved in renovating with the RBC. Apparently it sold for $500k.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

It almost doesn't look like a sterile re-education facility with that kitchen. I been out since '96. When did they start putting kitchens in Kingdom Halls?

Could be a Baptist Church with that kitchen. Baptists are the King of Pot-Luck, ya know.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Was the kitchen always there? I figure the halls would sell better if there was a way for hospitality to be provided by the buyer. Witnesses are actually the least hospitable of any group

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

In the study wt of nov 2020, jw.org stated "don"t get disturbed if your kingdom hall will be sold".

So, it is a witness topic.

G.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It looks a big Kingdom Hall, by UK standards anyway. I would guess that the kitchen was put in so as to cater for Pioneer Schools, and the like .. if they feed them these days. That looks to be a C/o’s flat in there too. I would guess it was an important Hall in the locality before the bigwigs decided to sell it.

The selling price is less than £400k in British money . That is not a great return for all that property by UK standards . I have seen local, smaller halls go for more.

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

Visiting speaker from Brazil (on Zoom), mentioned that there are 600 Kingdom Halls for sale there. There is a J.W. dept. that does mock ups to show what the property could look like for the purpose that is needed. They also look for investors for these properties. After saying that 600 properties are for sale, he quickly added that interest in the truth is not down in Brazil. That seems like a lot of displaced publishers to me!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i wonder what the true membership numbers really are for the civilised ? countries--if all these halls are being sold.

yesterday i had occasion to drive past the hall my ex wife and daughter attend--shanklin isle of Wight UK. i know the place isnt currently used because of the lockdown, but to see the iron gates chained shut and the sign board removed tempted me to think it could go up for sale.

Another thought...with these zoom online meetings--it could end up a lot of halls being disposed of--and several congs sharing--each having say one meeting a month in hall--the rest online. Here on the I o W, there used to be 5 halls--now down to three--could easily get by with just one.

After years on the market they just sold the KH in Sedona AZ. They are painting it purple.

The nearest hall from here now is 20 miles away.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

It’s always heart warming when I hear things like this.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

14 ACRES? That's an unusual amount of extra property for a KHall. That would up the asking price no doubt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit