The love of animals

by JH 14 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Probably you have a pet like most people do. One day your pet will die. When that happens, will you get another one right away, will you wait a while before getting another one, or will it end there and no more pets.

Every animal is unique, and sometimes no other animal can replace the one that died.

If my pet died, I would wait a long time before getting another one because I would always be thinking about the one I had, and no other animal could replace it.

What would you do if your pet died?

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I'd be heartbroken, and throw myself on the funeral pyre.

No, I'm not kidding. Not entirely, at least. I love my Princess Fiona and the Bastard Cat Tyzic.

CZAR

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

my pet rosalie just died of cancer. sadder yet, my dog, who has been my little baby since i was six years old, died last january. that was ridiculously hard to deal with. i felt like my child died. i can barely remember what it was like to not have him. there's still a huge void there. i still tear up thinking about him to this day. i've started thinking about getting another dog recently, but i definitely won't get another chihuahua, it would feel like i was trying to replace him, which i can never do.

• JH
    JH

tinkerbell82,

I had a cat that died in 1993 and I loved that cat. I got another cat just like him 1 month after, black and white just like my other cat. I done this on puropose to help me remember the one I lost. It took about 5 years to forget the cat that died. After 5 years I started loving my cat as much as the one that died 5 years earlier. It took that long to forget him. I really do love my pets.

oh, tinkerbell82, you have a lovely smile.

• Panda
    Panda

I've had pets die and it takes me a long time before I "replace" my dearly departed. I mourn really mourn. Recently I got a kitten because the mom abandoned her on our porch (suckers known the world over) Of course this isn't that unusual because our barn has barn cats so they're around. Well, I thought I'll take this baby in give it a clean warm place to die. Well almost one year later and our spayed IttyBittyKitty is still inside!

• acsot
    acsot

I can't stand the thought of anything happening to my cats. One of them became very ill a few years ago and as I stepped out of the vet's office I burst into tears and sobbed all the way home (at least the neighbours had something to talk about that evening ). She's healthy as can be now, but I'll probably need Prozac for six months when she really passes on. God, I don't even like typing that ! Can we change the subject?

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

JH, what a sweet thing to say...you mean this smile ?

i used to have a kitten that had some sort of birth defect, his head was enormous and his eyes were enormous but his body just stayed little...he was so cute, black and white, and he had a white patch on his mouth with a little black moustache. i neamed him mr. moustachio pistachio, i cant remember the significance of the pistachio bit now, but he was such a sweetheart...but when he got older he started acting really weird, he LOVED watching people undress, it got creepy. then the neighbor hit him with a car. even though he was weird, i still miss him. :(

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

I have never lived without a dog. Before my dog, Maggie, was too old we got another dog, Rufus, so that she would have a companion and so that when the inevitable happened we would already have another dog. We had Maggie for 13 years and she was one of the most wonderful dogs I ever encountered in my life. I am certainly biased because she was my dog, but everyone that met her sensed that she was special.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

oh cute picture orbiting!!! heres one of my baby you guys have already seen:

and i have a ton more at work that i'm gonna just have to post now (btw this is jake, hes really my mom's but i've co-adopted him ;)

• JH
    JH

I never had a dog. I always had cats. That must be so much more expensive to feed than a cat...lol And when you're gone all day, a cat can stay alone, but a dog needs someone I guess. That's why I had cats. Maybe I would have loved to have a dog, but in an apartment it's different.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit